Letters to the Taken

Letters to the Lost Taken

Alphys:

I had the desire to tell you about every perfection that I saw upon your face, just as much as I did every day before I knew what words to use. What words to please you. Because somehow you are more beautiful than anything my hands have ever held. And while that intimidates me, I have an itching you don't realize the extent of your beauty. So perhaps I am afraid I do not deserve you for the things that render me speechless, but I will build a mirror into my eyes so one day you might look into them and see what I see. One day you might love yourself too.

Asgore:
If you've never heard the beat of a heart you love, then you've skipped out on listening to your favorite song. Because when their face shows no emotion, their heart could be beating hard. Not fast, just roughly. Like how they knocked upon your door, after days of not seeing you, or a young child just learning how to run. And sometimes it's racing, however quietly, lightly. Like a hummingbird in sight of a flower, or their fingers dancing on your back. You should know, however it may be beating, it is still music to you.

Asriel:
Everyone's told me to just enjoy the summer forget about the person you left behind. But every time I look at the sunset all can think of is them. And every time I watch the stars all I can think of is them. Every time I pick a flower and tuck it in my hair all I can think of is them. Every time the horizon lights up with passing cars and people's houses all I can think of is them. Every time shirts and jeans slip off my body all I can think of is them. Every time I lie in the dark grasping at sheets all I can think of is them. Please tell me how I am supposed to forget about someone who reminds me of everything beautiful.

Bleu:
You must have rain, to sprout flowers. I must hold you at your worst, to see you at your best.

Burgerpants:
Days; I crave your lips, your hands, your chest against mine. Nights; I crave your fingertips, your plans, your half-lidded eyes.

Chara:
How do I say it without saying it? Through nervous laughter and swelling stomachs. Anyone could speak the words you do, but my heart only flutters at your voice. Your laughter makes me weak; it gives me a solemn happiness. Because I ache for you, but my eyes glow knowing that I've brought you joy. You could spend hours just humming and I would remain enthralled as every minute passed. Compliments spill from your smooth lips like a cure to each of my ailments. You grant me immortality, and yet also compel me to feel alive; if I had to live forever, I would live forever with you.

Flowey:
You, yourself, are a flower. Fragile under fingertips, and yet so beautiful. You bring colors that nobody else can replicate. Soft, but resilient; some see your petals, and others see your thorns. Tell me. How you can be everything at once?

Frisk:
I just want to write pretty words that might help you understand what I feel. I just want to write pretty words so that you might read them and love me even more.

Gaster:
"You make me feel indescribable things," was what I whispered. As I caressed your face with my fingers. But the truth is that I knew what I wanted to say. "What does that mean?" you questioned me as if it was so simple. "I can't say it, it's not the right time," I told you and you asked me why. "Because it's what society taught me." And we left it at that. But it wasn't my peers that I had learned from. More so, it was my fear. Of falling too quickly and scaring you away. It was my fear that kept me silent. And sometimes I'm glad I was not blessed with fluid speech.

Grillby:
I feel as if you teach me how to breathe. With every sweet whisper, or touch of your hands. And even the sight of you. I feel as if you teach me how to breathe. Panting, gasping, sighing, heaving. And I've been underwater for too long.

Luu (Mad Dummy / Bot):
Some days your words glide like poetry, and on others, make me want to scream. I have punched far too many walls for you, not knowing what I wish it really was. But I have also had my heart swell for you, something I'm still not quite used to. You give my feelings mood swings, on spectrums that can only be told through poetry.

Mettaton:
I've never loved you more than the moment when you pulled away and I held your chin, directing you back, begging for more, and you complied.

MK (Monster Kid):
Like a child with their teddy bear, I carry your jacket. Even when you're not around, I still seek comfort in you.

Muffet:
I can't decide if I want to kiss you out of love or out of lust.

Napstablook:
I lack the courage to tell you that your harmonies are now the low hums I play to lull me into a sleep where I dream of you. It is both a blessing and a curse, to see you there. Because I can hold you, but you will hurt me - either with blank eyes or venomous tongues. Yet, I awake to a familiar melody and I know it's not true. Your passion has become my discernment between a reality where you live and a fantasy where you don't.

Papyrus:
Your quirks are what make you human. And I love being alive.

Sans:
Explain to me how I can ever pinpoint one thing to write about you, if you are so full of complexities that I will never be able to describe in any dead or alive language. You are the living example of every mystery even the geniuses can't answer; the phenomena that stumps researchers for decades. You are the constellation that people can only catch glimpses of once a year - mysterious, frustrating, but beautiful nonetheless. No one will ever be able to put your existence in to words, for you are much more than anything that can be written on a page.

Toriel:
You blushed and asked me why I was staring as a yawn slipped from your lips. I breathed, "I can never get tired of looking at you." And I couldn't help but think about how much I sounded like a cliché, the type you read about in fiction books, and see in movies - or Shakespeare's plays. But I decided that, if it would allow me to see your smile, I would plagiarize every day.

Undyne:
I continued, but only to see, where your arms would land, before they pulled me closer. I continued, because the thing I loved most, was how your embrace responded - was timing the moment, your fingers would become frantic.

A/N: all poems were written by me. please do not use any of my writing without prior permission.