When Dimensions Collide

You had had a fitful sleep, tossing and turning in hopes to cool down or warm up enough to feel comfortable in the sheets. But you couldn't help your ache for someone else to be lying next to you, and the pillow was not a suitable placeholder. After what felt like hours of restlessness, you finally decided to get up. Perhaps what you really needed was just a warm cup of tea and a small snack.

You would've made it to the kitchen had you not noticed that your floor was in fact carpet and not wood. Despite the darkness, there was enough moonlight to reveal blue walls instead of white, and furniture placed in spots you could not familiarize. Rubbing your eyes, you figured you must have actually fallen asleep. And even though everything felt all too real, you convinced yourself you were just dreaming.

Sliding out of the bed, you travelled across the plush floor until you reached a single door and tugged it open. Peeking out of the frame, you were met with a quite empty hallway, and your room was at the very end. You carefully stepped outside before continuing on your small venture. As you neared the open space at the other end of the hall, you noticed a warm light slipping around the edge of the wall. Curiosity piqued, you sped up just the slightest.

It was only a few seconds before you poked your head out from behind the wall, surveying the room that was laid out before you. This was most certainly not the house you rented, and not your parents' either. Feeling the ridges of cracked paint on the wall as you used it for support, you suddenly began to panic.

You could only manage a small gasp as you noticed a shadowed figure on the one sofa, lonely and seemingly unknowing to your presence. Terrified of this stranger (or intruder, you weren't quite sure), you launched yourself backwards and away from the living room, accidentally knocking into an accent table and the lamp placed on top of it. The porcelain of the base shattered against the floor, and tears pricked at your eyes when the figure stood abruptly, reaching for a light switch with hurried movements.

As the light from a small chandelier blinded you, you could only gape as your eyes adjusted, straining to see the other person in this house. As you slowly discerned their features, you felt like you could faint. At the sight of the Undertale character that you had written so much about, you knew this had to be a dream. But why did everything feel so real?

Before you could begin searching for answers to your inquiry, they spoke.

When Dimensions Collide: (ft. Human!UT Characters)

Alphys:
"(Y-Y/N)!" She trembled plainly. "You finally woke up! I... I was scared you would sleep forever." She neared you with cautious steps. "I've missed you." Her eyes became glossy. "I'm sorry I took you away from your home, but I needed to see you again." She took a shaky breath. "I can't live without you."

Asgore:
"(Y/N), my love." His voice was deep, rumbling from within his throat. "Forgive me for being so selfish, but I..." He wrung his hands, eyes shifting from you, to the floor, and to you once more. "The garden was withering without you." He paused, lips parted as if he was struggling to say more. But, he finally managed. "I was, too."

Asriel:
"(Y/N)!" He was immediately reduced to tears and he took long steps across the room until he could pull you into his embrace. "I can't - I can't continue to live on that hill alone." His sobs were brief, but noticeable. "You can't leave me. Not like everyone else, (Y/N), please." His breath was warm against your neck. "Not like everyone else."

Bleu (Nice Cream Guy):
"(Y/N)..." He breathed your name like his favorite music verse. "I... I wish I could explain." For once, a frown coated his face - not just on his lips, but in his eyes. "But all I can say is that you are my happiness." He desperately wanted to reach out for you, but he held himself back at the sight of your fearful expression. "You are my sun, and it always rains without you."