My Fault

Edward's POV

Recap: I took the ring out of my pocket and in a simple motion, threw it over the edge. I felt the most agony in my life as the ring hit the water and sank to the bottom. I fell to the ground and screamed. It was as if Jane was using her power on me...no it was worse...it was like being turned all over again. I was broken and not because of her lies but because I never gave her a second chance and she's given me hundreds. I dove over the cliff, fast approaching the ocean below. I was going to get my ring back and give Isabella a second chance...

I took one last unneeded gulp of air before I hit the water. I started frantically swimming towards the ocean floor. I needed to find that ring. I searched and searched and still came up with nothing. I can't believe that I was that stupid as to do something without thinking about it. I loved Bella and she was my Bella.

I knew that since I was outcasting her it probably shouldn't feel wrong to kiss another but her note sounded a lot like she was suffering from her mistakes, alone. This was not what I promised her when I married her and not what I promises her when she gave me our beautiful daughter. I love them both and I should be the one suffering alone from my mistakes. Instead my Bella's out there somewhere, for all I know she could be kidnapped or hurt.

By the time I decided that I couldn't find the ring I had searched almost the entire cliff face. I started to swim towards the beach when I saw something glittering on the ocean floor. I swam over to it and picked it up. My wedding ring. I had found it. I swam up to the surface, feeling victorious. Now all I needed to do was find my Bella.

I was utterly soaked but I didn't care. I walked into the house and realized that the Volturi had left. I started walking a little but quickly when all of a sudden Rose was in front of me. 'Why did you leave? Why were you angry? Are you giving that worthless piece of s*** a second chance?' Rose's thoughts bombarded me with questions.

"Rose, stop I can't think. I had to get my mind and feelings straight. I was confused and being stupid, I shouldn't have even got the slightest bit angry. She's not a worthless piece of s***, she's the most amazing girl ever and yes I am." I answered all at once, ignoring Alice and Esme's confusion.

"I'm going to find the love of my life." I told everyone, realizing that everyone was either in the living room or the next room. "Not while your soaking wet, mister." Alice said, cheerily. 'She's still a sister to me, Edward. I don't care if she's Aro's daughter. Maybe she didn't know.' Alice thought when I gave her a confusing look when she ushered me up to my old room to get changed.

Alice's POV

I quickly ushered Edward upstairs to get changed. I was so relieved that he was going to find her and give her a second chance. I thought that Bella would never be able to return here. I was quietly laughing about my stupidness when I was sucked into one of my visions.

'Some random vampire had captured Bella and she was tied to a chair. Two other vampires walked into the room. A male and a female. They all had a short conversation before Alec busted through the door. The random vampire announced a few things then the male went over to Bella and the female went to Alec. They looked into Bella and Alec's eyes and I knew what their powers were. Compulsion. Bella didn't stand a chance.'

I gasped as reality hit me. Bella was in trouble. I heard Edward rush to my right side and I nodded at him. Before the rest of the Cullen's knew it, Edward and I were out the door, running until we reached Seattle. "Where is she?" I asked Edward. "Phoenix, Arizona. Her old house." He answered almost robotic. This must be really hard for him. I bet he is blaming himself for all that happened.

Edward's POV

I allowed Alice to usher me into my room. She disappeared and I quickly changed into a long-sleeved, button-up, lose, navy blue shirt paired with some black jeans. I felt Alice slip into a vision but I stayed out of it. I didn't want anything to change my mind.

I heard Alice gasp and I quickly looked into her thoughts. She was thinking about the vision. I briefly saw Bella's old bedroom in Phoenix and heard; 'Bella's in trouble.' I rushed downstairs to where Alice was standing. With a quick nod of her head, we both bolted out of the house, leaving our family confused. We kept running until we reached Seattle.

"Where is she?" Alice asked. "Phoenix, Arizona. Her old house." I answered, almost robotic. I can't believe that I let this happen. If I didn't judge her, outcast her then she wouldn't be in trouble. It's all my fault. If she dies, I will take every responsibility. I won't let my stupid mistakes put her life in danger ever again. That is if she can forgive me for every hurtful thing I've recently put her through. Who am I kidding? She shouldn't forgive me. I wouldn't forgive myself. Oh Bella please be okay.

Alice and I took off running after my little break down, heading towards Bella's old house. I kept blaming myself. If I hadn't of cared about who her father was, she wouldn't be where she is. If I hadn't of had my little break down which ended in diving into the ocean then she wouldn't have been in trouble.

It was all my fault. Of course Alice didn't believe that. 'It's not your fault Edward. Please stop blaming yourself.' She always kept an eye on me. 'Don't feel guilty. She might still have ended up here if you hadn't of let her go.' Alice's thoughts weren't helping me though. 'All that matters now is that we can and we will save Bella. Nothing can get between you and Bella.' I actually believed her this time.

I stopped running ad Alice turned around, confused. "Edward what are...?" She started to ask but I cut her off. I hugged her. "Thank you Alice." I enjoyed having her as a sister most of the time. She could act so mature and yet so stupid all in one day. I loved her. I started to run again. I picked up the pace and Alice was getting lost. 'Edward, wait up. On second thoughts, keep going.' Alice thought.

We finally made it to Bella's house. I ran upstairs and found three vampires. "Where is she? Where is she?! WHERE IS MY BELLA?!" I half growled half shouted at them. They looked at me, with an evil glint. I heard laughter and turned around. I was met with the worst sight ever. No...this couldn't be happening...

_______________________________________________________________

A/N hope you enjoyed this chapter. Leave a vote, leave a comment and leave any suggestions you have. I'll speak to you next chapter. :)

-Katie