Battle-I Will Rescue You

Bella's POV

When your days are dark And your nights are cold

When you've just about Lost all your faith

Michael had changed. And so had I. I've hurt Edward and The Cullens. I've hurt Jane and the Volturi. There's no point fighting my cousin anymore. There's no hope for me. I wish that none of this had ever happened. In movies during a fight there's someone singing a song that gives people strength, faith but in reality no one would give either of those things.

I wish I was never born, then no one would have been hurt. I miss my human life even if I wasn't born a human. People delude themselves into thinking that they'll win the fight and come out alive. But I know better. The only things I know are; what my name is, what I am and that I have no faith or hope. At this thought I slowly gave in to Michael, knowing that my heart will ease with pain when I have no will.

When your will is gone

And your heart is torn

'Cause nothing is going your way

I stood above the battle field. Fredrick had told me to stay away and I did. I watched as the fight continued. Heads rolling across the ground, limps flying around. It was chaos. And I was trapped. My will was gone and my heart was torn seeing Edward fighting for his life. But I couldn't move to help him. I was forbidden to do so. Unlike before when I had broken the compulsion it had felt like walking through a door, there was no door.

When the world has

Got you trapped

And you can't find that open door

Everything was lost. The Cullens were giving up. Having no strength, no motive to keep fighting. The Volturi are close to giving up. They have about as much faith and hope as I do.

If you're ever in a battle

And you just can't fight no more

I had betrayed both of my families. If I was ever rescued then I would have nothing. I feel so empty. It was ironic that at the time when I didn't have someone to shelter my from the storm, lightning struck, signalling the start of a storm. I looked down once again my hair dripping from the rain and caught Edward's eye. The emotion was intense. He would not give up until he had me in his arms or until he died.

I will rescue you

I will rescue you

I will shelter you from the rain

He should be here. Holding my daughter and I as we watched the sun setting. Instead I was standing here without him. I was lost. I suddenly felt a droplet of warm water. My tears. I needed him.

I will dry your tears

Cast away your fears

And bring you to brighter days

I was nothing without Edward. Suddenly I felt all of my will flood back into my body. I looked down and saw Carlisle ripping Michael's head off. "NO!" I screamed but it was as if I was screaming at the TV. They couldn't hear me. I sank to the floor, repeating the same word over and over again. "No...no..no." He can't be dead. I didn't know if I should be feeling this way or not. I needed Edward.