× Eight

UNEDITED

Li, I think I might be a smidge drunk?” Zayn held up a small space between his index and thumb finger, squinting uneasily. He swayed from side to side and Liam had to hold him still to keep him from falling.

“I think you are babe.” Liam faced Zayn and grabbed his cheeks, smushing them together. Zayn looked laughable and that's exactly what Liam did, he laughed.

“I-um,” Zayn looked down, his eyes getting watery as he began to feel sad.

“What's wrong? Are you okay, baby?” Liam's eyes widened, rubbing Zayn's cheeks, beginning to get stressed.

“I just, this is our first date and I'm so fucking drunk.” Zayn exhaled, tears falling down his face.

Liam chuckled as he tried to convince Zayn to stop crying. He grabbed a napkin and dabbed at his eyes, trying to prevent them from swelling.

“It's alright, love. It's fine. I like this Zayn better anyway. He's funnier and so attached, I love it.” Liam smiled, running his hands through his boyfriend's hair.

Zayn purred and nuzzled his head in Liam's neck. Liam hugged him and kissed his head.

“Should've never asked for that bottle of wine. You drank the whole thing love.” Liam whispered into Zayn's ear.

“Good thing our food hasn’t arrived yet. Hopefully I'll be less dr-drunk.” Zayn cheesed, nipping at Liam's neck.

“Yeah, hopefully.” Liam murmured.

A steak and lots of water later, Zayn felt mildly sober.

“Wow, I feel like a brand new man.” Zayn smiled.

“You're still kinda drunk you know that right?” Liam laughed grabbing Zayn's hand and intertwining their fingers.

“Drunk for you.” Zayn sung, his lips kissing Liam's.

“Alright alright. What do you say we leave and I take you back to your dorm so you can sleep all this drunk off.” Liam fixed Zayn's sweater, one side falling off his shoulder.

“How about, taking me back to yours and we could cuddle and fall asleep.” Zayn looked up at Liam, eyes completely innocent.

“We both know you're not gonna do that.” Liam murmured, kissing Zayn.

“There's nothing wrong with that.” Zayn grinned in between their kissing.

“C’mon. Let's go.” Liam stood up, grabbing his wallet to take out money. He left the cash on the table and waited for Zayn to walk out of booth.

Zayn grabbed his hand and began walking out with Liam, but as soon as he saw a familiar girl walk in, he quickly slid to the left and hid behind Liam. He stood as still as he could until Liam questioned him.

“What's wrong?” Liam furrowed his eyebrows.

“Rose. Is. Here.” Zayn hissed. He grabbed Liam's arms, making sure he was shielded.

“Fuck, Zayn.” Liam worried, turning around slightly to catch sight of Rose.

“Just, stay still and when she looks the other way, we move.” Zayn murmured, sighing a little.

“I'm so sorry Liam. I didn’t mean for this to happen.” Zayn apologized, looking up at Liam with sorrowful eyes. Liam frowned and gently grabbed Zayn's chin.

“It's alright, love. And it's just one person, it's not like she's gonna do something drastic. We're gonna be fine.” Liam kissed him.

Zayn looked to the side, cutting the kiss off.