× Nine

UNEDITED

Zayn bolted up from the comfortable bed, breathing heavily as he was awoken from a nightmare. He sighed and dropped back down on the bed, letting himself relax in the soft mattress.

He felt strong arms wrap around his middle and was pulled back into a warm chest. Zayn sighed and kept his eyes open for fear of closing them and having the same bad dream again. His heart rate finally settled down and he felt sure enough to close his eyes after kissing Liam's hand.

They both woke up to a dog barking in the distance, probably from a couple houses down. Liam groaned and turned on his side, rubbing his face and glancing to his left. He smiled, pulling Zayn towards him, kissing his cheek.

"'Morning." Liam spoke, yawning before sitting up and smacking his lips. He glanced at Zayn funnily before turning to get up and walk to the bathroom.

"Good morning." Zayn mustered, stretching his limbs to hear the joyful cracks in his bones.

Liam smiled at him and closed the bathroom door, Zayn only hearing the faint sound of the faucet being turned on.

He looked to his left, grabbing his phone to check if he had any notifications, surely a billion from Louis asking him if he got laid. And one from Rose reminding him about the dinner tonight. He knew he couldn't ditch her cause he'd feel bad but he really wanted to make friends so he decided to go for at least a while. He replied to Rose, letting her know he's going. Liam emerged from the bathroom and Zayn proceeded to go inside just to freshen up his breath.

Liam sat on the bed and got dressed, waiting for Zayn to emerge from the bathroom.

Zayn finally opened the door and stared at Liam, his face confused as he noticed Liam dressed.

"Lets go get some breakfast." Liam grinned. He grabbed his keys and wallet and stuck his phone in his pocket. He walked up to Zayn and wrapped one arm around his waist, leaning in to kiss Zayn slowly. He let the other arm fall to Zayn's thighs, lifting up his hand inch by inch until he felt Zayn shiver in delight.

Zayn pulled back, steadying himself with Liam's arms.

"Ok." He bit his lip.

"Alright." Liam brushed lips with him again.

Liam passed by the college to allow Zayn to grab some clothes and waited patiently outside in his car, moving along to the beat of a song. He watched students walk by most likely going to their lectures and he ducked his head, putting on some sunglasses so none of them would noticed him.

He finally heard the passenger door open and he looked up in time to see Zayn sit down. He was wearing a black and white Nike windbreaker along with khaki jeans and his black Vans.

"Ready, cutie?" Liam smirked.

"Ready, Li bear." Zayn grinned.

"Ew don't call me that." Liam grunted in fake disgust.

"Okay, Lili poo." Zayn shrugged, staying silent and looking forward while Liam glared at him. He began laughing after a couple of seconds. Liam beamed and drove out of the parking lot, heading straight for Denny's.

"I need to ask you something." Zayn cleaned his mouth with a napkin, swallowing a piece of his pancake.

"Yeah, go." Liam sat back, listening and looking at Zayn.

"You know, Rose's dinner is tonight and I just wanted to know if you feel alright with me going?" Zayn asked.

"Yeah sure go. Why wouldn't I be alright with it?" Liam questioned.

"Because of what happened in class the other day." Zayn said.

"You really thought she was going to take my place?" Liam tilted his head.

"Cheeky." Zayn muttered.

"Not cheeky, confident. I know what my boyfriend wants and I'm sure she's someone who can't offer what I've got." Liam smirked, winking at Zayn.

"You don't even offer it. I lay there like a dying puppy begging for it while you just sit there doing nothing cause you wanna 'wait for the right moment' and shit." Zayn rolled his eyes exasperatedly.

"Hey, don't get all butt hurt cause I wanna be romantic." Liam shot back.

"Not like my butts gonna hurt any time soon considering you wanna 'wait for the right mom-'" Liam shut him up, bringing a hand over Zayn's mouth.

"Do you really wanna have sex right now. Do you feel comfortable enough with yourself to give your body away to someone else? Because when you do, there's no take backs, no givesys backseys, no nothing. So when you tell me that you wanna have sex, all I really wanna do is say you're right and stay up all night making love to you just to make you feel good, because I care about you but then I realize that you're not comfortable enough or confident enough in yourself. So no Zayn, you're not ready because just a couple weeks back you thought you were a joke to me because of something Harry said. Something Harry said." Liam added emphasis on the last part.

"When you're ready and I mean it, when you're ready, I'll be here. I'll be waiting until you're ready. I don't care if you'll finally be ready when you're 80, I'll be here. Because believe me when I say this, it'll be the best high of your life. Love and lust mixed together isn't like any high you've been on before. It'll feel amazing. And with me Zayn, I guarantee you, it will be better than all those times you make my heart skip a beat or all those times we affect each other because god, you drive me crazy, Zayn. You drive me crazy in the absolute best ways." Liam finished, putting his all into this. He had to let Zayn know that sex wasn't something that you just need to get rid of just to get rid of it. It's supposed to mean something more, it's supposed to have meaning.

Zayn looked down at his hands, having no words to say back to Liam. His mind was empty but his heart was beating full and hard. He looked up at Liam with nervous eyes and then rubbed his face.

"Come here." Liam whispered.

Zayn quickly got up and slid in the booth next to Liam. Liam wrapped him up in his arms and let Zayn breathe him in for a second.

"You're the best person in the world." Was all Zayn could muster.

"You're the cutest." Liam responded, Zayn hiding his grin in Liam's neck.