× Thirty

UNEDITED

When Liam and Zayn finally adopted their child, they were the most ecstatic, happiest, and joyous parents to ever exist.

The surrogate happened to be very relaxed about giving her child away, smiling at them and asking them to take the best care of him.

Zayn didn't get to take his son home until after about a month from when he was born. He just wanted his soon to be son in his arms, cuddling him until someone scolded him for smothering the baby too much to which Zayn will respond that it's not their fucking baby and to mind their own business. The only person he's been saying it to though is Liam which doesn't make sense because Elijah is Liam's child too.

When the baby reached 6 months, he was a bit more active, reacting to things that Zayn would say to him and to the little raspberries he would blow on his stomach. He would let out his little infectious giggle whenever Liam made silly faces at him, establishing the strongest connection between 2 parents and child.

At 1 year old, Zayn was trying to make his son call him 'Papa' which resulted in calling him 'Baba'.

Zayn took what he could get.

Liam, on the other hand, succeeded in getting his son to call him 'Dada'

Two years in and Liam managed to make his son the sweetest little boy yet. Zayn taught him manners but Liam taught him that there's nothing wrong with going the extra mile.

So whenever Zayn asked Elijah for something, be it a piece of paper, Zayn would say 'thank you' when it was handed to him. And then the toddler would say 'no, Baba, thank you' and with that, he would bring out his cute smile and skip back to wherever Liam was. Not bothering in noticing that his praise didn't make any sense.

Elijah also seemed to have an obsession with Liam, but Zayn didn't blame him cause he knows how entertaining Liam is.

Also at 2 years old, Elijah was being potty trained and although he didn't like it, he decided to deal with it. There were days where he would cry his eyes out because he didn't want to learn and then there were those days in which he would walk away unwillingly at any given moment to go take a 'wee'.

Currently, Elijah's still two and the biggest sweetheart to exist. He wooed everyone he met, including Ms. Malik, who was his second favorite aside from Liam.

And Zayn just took what he could get.

Zayn was snoring happily on his bed with Liam right next to him when a loud, wailing sound ripped through their bedroom door.

Parent instinct kicking in, Zayn bolted straight up, tired nonetheless. He rubbed his eyes and groaned as he stood up from his comfortable bed.

The sound droned on as Zayn walked out of his and Liam's room to the one across the hall.

He widened the already open door and walked to the corner of the room, watching Elijah standing up inside of his small crib. His small palms curled around the edges of the wooden furniture as he waited for his baba to come.

Zayn stopped at the crib and just stared down at the small boy, slightly glaring at him just because.

The funny thing was that Zayn almost knew this tantrum had no point to it.

"Baba." The small voice spoke softly.

The boy raised his arms towards his dad, asking to be picked up.

"What happened, love?" Zayn asked, leaning over to grab the child from his position in the crib. He swayed the child around once he was in his arms.