× Twenty Four

UNEDITED

^^^^^^^ The song ❤❤❤❤ (IT'S A MUST LISTEN).

A/N: Time skip. Nothing major. Zayn is in his junior year of college, almost a senior.

"Thank you." Liam spoke up out of nowhere, grabbing Zayn's attention from where he was eating.

Zayn peered at him confusedly.

"For what?" He asked softly, tilting his head at Liam.

"For everything." He smiled, looking down at his hands.

The rustling coming from the diner's kitchen surrounded them, barely noticeable as Zayn listened to what Liam was saying.

"It's just food, babe." Zayn smiled cutely, going back to munching happily on his breakfast.

Liam chuckled, shaking his head at Zayn's obliviousness. He looked at the man sitting before him and felt like he was falling in love all over again.

"Thank you for asking for the tutoring." He added, hinting at what he was about to say.

Zayn stopped cutting his pancakes to look at him. He put the knife and fork down, his forearms resting on the edge of the hardwood table.

"Liam." He whispered softly, his eyes getting even softer.

He reached across the table and grabbed Liam's hand, covering it with his other hand and smiling while looking up at his endearing boyfriend.

"I want you to realize that I'm here to stay. I know you have had your doubts about me, but I just want you to know that I do love you a lot." Liam reassured, feeling like he was dropping a bomb.

Zayn's smile fell a little.

"Something happened." He stated, his eyes losing their happiness.

Liam winced at his assumption.

"Liam." Zayn spoke sternly.

"I got a letter in the mail last week." Liam spoke, playing with Zayn's smaller hands. He rubbed his fingertips, trying to soothe the boy's nerves.

"And?" Zayn furrowed his brows, waiting for Liam to continue.

"Zayn." Liam let out a sigh, dropping their hands altogether.

"C'mon Liam." Zayn whined, waiting for Liam to say it.

"It was from a university in California." Liam finally muttered out.

Zayn sat still, his eyes moving to his pancakes.

"Don't tell m-" he was cut off by Liam.

"They offered me a job." Liam finished off.

"That's- that's actually great." Zayn smiled. It kind of hurt in his chest.

"What?" Liam asked.

"That's like a gazillion miles away." Liam exaggerated, extending his arm out for emphasis on the fact that it was almost a two hour flight from where they resided.

"We'll make it work." Zayn kept smiling.

"Zayn." Liam huffed, getting a little upset.

"No, Liam. This is a great opportunity. It's much better than being here. You wont be at risk of getting caught dating one of your students which is the most important thing. It's actually brilliant that they offered you the job and you would be an idiot to not take it." Zayn's smile completely fell, hearing himself speak such words. He was choosing to not be selfish.

"You don't want me to go." Liam answered for him, completely knowing how Zayn feels.

"Could tell by your expression." He smiled sadly as he joined their hands hands again.

"Long distance is so cliche." Liam shook his head, adding to get rid of the bad vibe in the air.

"What?" Zayn asked, clearly confused.

"Yeah, don't really think I wanna do it, long distance, I mean." Liam waved it off, smiling a little.

"W-what?" Zayn asked again, his voice becoming a whisper.

"Yeah." Liam sat back, pulling his hand away. Zayn's eyes looked at Liam with a bit of anger and sadness.

"Fuck you." Zayn spoke.

"Come with me." Liam looked up at Zayn after his moment of anger, ignoring the curse word.

"Really?" Zayn asked.

"You expect me to drop everything right now and move a gazillion miles away with you." Zayn prompted.

"No, love. They offered me the job and told me I can take it whenever that it just has to be before the year ends." Liam informed the other man.

"We're in May." Zayn looked down, calculating how much more time he has left with Liam.

"I'll see if I can go around November, so I can still see you your senior year. I also wanna see my baby graduate so I'll fly back over here in time to see you walk up that stage." Liam beamed, making Zayn blush.

"Then you won't be that much time away from me. We can fly over there together a couple days after you graduate. It'll just be a visit and if you don't like it then you can come back and start your career over here. But if you do like it- and I'm sure you will- you can look for a job over there and actually enjoy it rather than you would in this boring ass town." Liam winked at him.

"You've got this down to a T." Zayn smirked at him, actually surprised at the detailed explanation from Liam.

"Ok, I'll visit." Zayn agreed, bringing his hands under his chin to stare at Liam.

"And what about those 6 months that you'll be over there and I'll be over here. Still sounds a little like long distance." Zayn shrugged, mocking Liam. He giggled inwardly at the glare Liam sent his way.

"Fuck it. We're gonna do it." Liam responded, a tilt to his voice.

"You know why?" Liam asked, getting up to slide in next to Zayn's side of the red booth

"Hmm... Why?" Zayn was now staring to his right at Liam. His eyes zoning in at the man's nicely shaped lips.

"Because..." Liam kissed his cheek, making Zayn smile a little although he wanted that kiss somewhere else.

"Distance means nothing..." He kissed the corner of his mouth. Zayn just needed him a little closer.

"If you mean everything." He melded their lips together. Zayn couldn't be happier.

A/N: this book is ending. Omg. ALSO, I AM STARTING MY LARRY BOOK SO YEAH I'M POSTING THE FIRST CHAPTER AS I'M POSTING THIS CHAPTER SO PLEASE GO CHECK IT OUT. IT WOULD MEAN A LOT. HOPEFULLY YOU LIKE IT. THANK YOU ❤❤❤❤