× Eleven

UNEDITED

No.” Zayn stood still, his back straight and his stance wide.

“Zayn, this isn't a game. This isn't something that you can't get in trouble for. This is serious. So what other option do you have? Would you rather leave your teacher be or have him fired and have his life ruined because you ‘like' each other?” Rose spoke in monotone as if she had already planned out what to say.

“You shouldn't have been there. This isn't fair.” Zayn muttered.

“You know what Zayn, life is fair. It's fair because it's unfair to everyone. So don’t act like the victim here. You knew what you were getting yourself into and you knew how deep that hole was when you began digging it.” Rose snapped, she was beginning to make Zayn think she was right.

“And what did you expect me to do, Rose? You wanted me to not like him. I've been crushing on him since my fucking freshman year here. I finally got to see what he's like. I experienced Liam Payne and it's the best feeling in the world. You know I'm in love with him?” Zayn yelled, Rose stepping back and raising her eyebrows.

“Yes, I am madly in love with Liam Payne. And for you to come here and give me an ultimatum as if I want to be with you when I obviously have a boyfriend is fucked up. It’s a low that I don’t even thing the douchiest person could do.” Zayn smiled sadly at her.

“Trust me Zayn, doing this can ruin your life and definitely ruin his. What? You thought you were gonna live happily every after? No, it’s not like that. It will never be like that if you intend on creating a relationship with your professor. And okay! Alright! Let's say you do end up together and one day one of you decides to oh I don’t know, break up? Then what, Zayn?” Rose smirked, crossing her arms.

“I swear to god if you sit there and tell me that everything is going to be fine, I will personally punch you square in the face. I don’t care if I break my wrist doing it.” She glared.

“Quid pro quo.” Zayn whispered to himself.

“Wow, first time I heard something smart come out of this whole conversation.” Rose scoffed, crossing her arms and leaning back against the restaurant wall.

“He could threaten your grades, Zayn. Try to force you to do something you don't want to do.” Rose lowered her voice, leaning her head back against the wall.

“I'm not doing this all for me. Maybe just the part where I said I wanted you but the rest was… Zayn I’m just helping you out here. I'm actually being a good friend. I know right now, you think I'm just a bitch that wants you all to myself but maybe time will change your mind and make you realize what this talk was all about. I hope you leave him, Zayn and understand that it won’t work. And you'll either learn that the easy way or the hard way. It’s none of my business and I get that but if I catch you two, I’m going straight to the administrators.” Rose confessed.

Zayn could feel his chest constricting within his body. He felt like he was going to fall over but he refused. Because that just meant Rose would win. And Zayn couldn't believe this kind of thing was happening to him. He finally learned to love someone, to really know what it's like to feel such an amazing and strong feeling that lights up your life like never before. And now it's going to be taken from him. It's going to be ripped apart from his hands and there was absolutely nothing he could do about it. He loved Liam, but he realized he couldn't put him through this. He had no choice, but he wouldn't give up so easily because Liam was worth every single try. So he went to Liam in hopes that Liam would do whatever to not let him go.

Walking to Liam's classroom door was the hardest thing that Zayn has ever had to do. He wasn't there to greet him with his usual kisses and hugs. No, he was there to tell Liam that it was over. He was there to let himself know that Rose had won. That she had wormed her way into his head and planted a chip in their that made him attempt to break up with Liam. But he knew if Liam liked him so much, he wouldn't dare let Zayn walk out of that door heart broken.

Liam opened the door and smiled as he let Zayn in, locking it behind him.

“Hey babe. What's up?” Liam smiled, walking Zayn to the chair in front of his desk.

“We need to talk.” Zayn winced.

“Alright.” Liam smiled. And all Zayn could think was that he wouldn't be seeing that beautiful smile for a while now unless Liam refused to let him go.

A/N: Sorry, this is short. I really liked all the emotions going on in here though. Hope you like it :)