Chapter 32: Gohan's Heart Tested- Courage/Bravery

GOHAN'S P.O.V

"Here goes nothing." I say just before turning into a super saiyan at Trunk's suggestion. I glanced over to Tania and gave her a goofy smile. She returned the smile. "I believe you can do this, Gohan."

I nodded and allowed my hand to tighten on the handle. Immediately, I could feel that this blade was going to have more of a resistance than it did for the others. I could feel that this sword was trying to tell me something.

"Anytime now..." Vegeta persists with impatience.

"Will you be quiet!" Bulma says in my defense. "Can't you see that he's trying to prepare himself!"

"It's alright Bulma, he's right." I confess while scratching the back of my head with a grin. "Sorry Vegeta."

"Tsk."

The others held their breaths as I grasped the handle and began to pull.

"Umm Gohan?" Tania trieds calling out me.

I grunted continuously as I struggled, aware that my face was turning red. It felt like my teeth might shatter at any moment from the pressure from me clenching them so hard.

"Gohan, your grip on the handle is-" Tania continues on, but I ignored her and tried even harder to pull the sword out.

My eyes squeezed shut as I gave one last effort, but my hands gave out, making my body slam back with my head hitting the ground.

"Wrong..." She finishes, causing everyone to fall over comically. Tania then bit her lip in an effort to hold in her laugh. However, it was in vain. She burst out into extreme laughter. 

"I-I can't breathe." Tania laughs while holding onto her stomach with tears coming out of her eyes. "That was so funny. You should've s-saw the way you fell G-Gohan!"

I began to feel myself blush. I never seen Tania laugh so much before...

The rest of the gang stared at Tania smiling as they saw how much she was laughing. Soon enough everyone, including myself began to laugh with her.

After that was over, I stood up and gave my head a quick rub while I let my throbbing hands rest for a while.

"You should try again Gohan." Tania suggested with a warm smile. "This time, make sure you grip the handle right, okay?"

"Alright."

Her dark brown eyes locked with my determined emerald eyes and I gave her a nod which she returned in understanding. I could feel Tania's eyes on me and knew they were full of encouragement. I knew she would be by my side no matter what. Somehow her thoughts reached me, warming my soul. They made my chest puff out a little in a new confidence and I knew right then that I would not fail; I could not fail.

My hands once again shot out to grasp the base of the sword. After securing a tight grip I pulled up with an extreme intensity that surprised them all. The sword was already halfway out of the ground, but the very charged bolted shocks were giving me a very had time.

"The sword is already halfway out..." Piccolo mumbles to himself in shock as he fully paid attention to what was happening.

"Great job Gohan!" Trunk's cheered.

"You can do this kid!" Krillin also encouraged.

"Do your best!" Bulma yells with her fist in the air.

"Mommy loves you, sweetheart!" Mother expresses in an effort to encourage me.

"Go big brother!" Cheered Goten.