Chapter 7: Overcoming Fear

"Nimbus!" I hear Gohan yell towards the sky.

"Nimbus?"

A few moments later, a yellow-shaped cloud appeared out of the sky and stopped right in front of Gohan.

"Get on." Gohan tells me.

I nodded and slowly made my way to the fluffy cloud. I paused before grabbing onto it.

Why do I get such a strange vibe out of this cloud. Oh who cares? This cloud looks so comfy! I love it!

I pulled myself up on it slowly then relaxed on top of it. Gohan looked pleased as I just sat there wondering what will happen next.

"Hmm... I thought so, you are pure-hearted." He says as he walked towards me.

"What are you talking about? I know i'm a good person and all, but how does me sitting on this cloud have to do with anything you've just said?" I ask the spiky-haired boy.

"Because if you are able to sit on this cloud without falling through, it means you're 100% pure." He explains.

Woah! So I guess I really am a good person then!

I smiled a little at the accomplishment I had just made. I waited for Gohan to tell me what to do next then waited and waited some more..

"Gohan?!"

He snapped from whatever it was he was thinking about and gave me me an apologetic expression that read: "Sorry."

I didn't respond to it and instead focused my mind on the test he was going to give me.

"Okay Tania, are you ready?" He asks.

"I think so." I answer, unsure of myself.

"That's not a good enough answer." Gohan crosses his arms, waiting for me to give him a better answer.

I held on tight to the nimbus cloud and then nodded my head.

"Alright nimbus, you can start flying!" The half-saiyan speaks to the nimbus cloud.

Before I could even blink, the flying nimbus was ALREADY almost above the clouds. I pretty much panicked when I felt how fast that thing had went.

When Gohan said high, he really meant it!

I had to be atleast higher than what airplanes can normally go.

"AHHH! Get me off! Gohan, i'm scared! Get me off, please!" I scream out horrified beyond belief. I shutted my eyes, not wanting to look down.

"It's alright Tania. Just open your eyes!" Gohan refuses to help me.

Open my eyes?! Is he crazy?! Oh man, what was I thinking about learning how to fly? I'm usually not afraid of heights, but this is way too high! Anyone would be scared to death if they were in my position right now.

"No way! I-I can't! I'm too scared Gohan!" I scream even louder than before. Tears began to fall out of my eyes as I felt unsafe.

"Tania, I promise i'm right by your side! Please open your eyes!" I hear Gohan beg, but only from a closer distance.

I don't know what made me do this, but I felt the need to just trust what he was telling me. With my heart beating faster than normal, I slowly reopened them and noticed I was going at a slower speed than my mind was making it out to be. I noticed that Gohan really was by my side! He was flying next to the nimbus.