Chapter 4: The Day My Life Changed Forever

Awakening from my slumber, I realized I was not in the room I was familiar with.

Where am I? I feel so groggy. Following that shadow was probably not the smart thing to do...

"You're awake!" A voice says from somewhere inside the room.

I remove the covers off me and sit up, back against the wall. I watch as a boy with black spiky hair made his way to me. His eyes, equally sharing the color of his hair, seemed really innocent. I couldn't help but notice how handsome he was too. He looked around the same age as me...

No! Now is not the time to be thinking about things like that! He could've been the one that kidnapped me here!

"Who are you? Where am I?" I blurt, preparing to defend myself if necessary.

"My name is Gohan. Lis-" He answers before I interrupt him, blaming him for what happened to me at school.

"S-So it was you then, right? Why did you kidnap me like that?!" I snap at the one named Gohan.

He gave me a confused expression that read: "What are you talking about?"

As innocent as he may seem, he's not gonna fool me with that nice guy attitude. I need to know his reasoning behind all of this mess!

"You got it all wrong! I only brought you here cause I saw you were unconcious out in the woods."

I clench the blanket, only listening to half of what he said.

"You admit it then! Making me chase after a shadow then- Wait, what?" I question him, remembering what he really said in his defense.

"You were unconscious; I brought you here so that when you awakened, you would be able to return to your home." He explains while rubbing the back of his head, a small smile forming on his lips, "Why would I wanna kidnap you?"

I turn my eyes to the pillow beneath me.

Yeah right. Nice story...

"You're lying!" I growl, proceeding to throw a pillow at him.

The boy dodged the pillow with ease then looks at me seriously.

"I'm not lying," He lowers his voice, "It's the truth. Cross my heart."

I blink a few times.

Cross my heart...? I say that too when i'm serious.

"So, what's your name?" He asks continuing to grin.

"Why should I tell you?"

"I told you mine."

I frown, "So?"

"Please?" Gohan begs.

"You're not gonna give up on asking, are you?"

Gohan shook his head, "Nope."

I sigh deeply, "Fine! My name is Tani-"

All of a sudden, we hear a rather loud voice coming from downstairs.

"GOHAN? GOHAN! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Gohan and I cover our ears, hoping we wouldn't go deaf! The door slams open, burying the door handle inside the wall immediately as it did.

A young woman who looked similar to Gohan, barged in hands on hips. Her hair was black and was in a bun with hair lying off both sides of her head. She shared the same eyes as Gohan also, only her's was giving him the death glare I was all too familiar with.