Chapter 4

Baby Amy^
END of school

I walk out of class and see Avi across the hall. I walk over to him and tap his shoulder. "Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to come over and hang out?" He nods and smiles. "Sure let me go tell Esther that I'll be with you." He runs off the then comes back a few minutes later. "Ready?" I ask and he nods. We go get in my car and drive to my house.
When we get there I see my mom's car and a car I don't recognize. We walk inside and I see my mom and Aunt sitting in the living room with a baby carrier. "Aunt Linda." I say and give her a hug. "Hey, Kirstie. How are you?" She asks. "I'm good. How about you." She smiles and looks at the carrier. "Well I had this sweet girl a few weeks ago." She says while unbuckling the baby. "This is baby Amy." "She's so cute. Can I hold her." She nods and hands me the baby. I look over at Avi and see him standing there looking at me. I smile back and walk over to him. "Mom, this is my friend Avi." She comes over and hugs him. "Nice to meet you Avi!" She says with a smile. "Nice to meet you too, Ms. Maldonado." "So formal, please call me Angelica." He nods. "Well, we're going to go hang out upstairs." I say while giving Amy back. "Ok, dinner will be done in about 2 hours." I hug my mom. "Ok." I take Avi's hand and drag him upstairs.
Once we are in my room I throw my bag down and lay across my bed. "So what do you want to do?" I ask while Avi lays next to me. He shrugs. "I don't know. Have an secret talents you want to show me?" I shrug. "I sigh but not very well." I say while sitting. "I'm sure that's untrue. Sing something for me" He tells me while sitting up. I let out a sigh. "Fine but only if you sing something for me." He nods. "Deal." He smiles at me and I smile back before starting my favorite Disney song, 'At last I see the light'

Rapunzel
All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be

Rapunzel
And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

I smile at Avi and he starts singing
Eugene's part of the song. I honestly don't know why people make fun of him he sounds amazing and his voice is so low!

Eugene
All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go

Both
And at last I see the light

Eugene
And it's like the fog has lifted

Both
And at last I see the light

Rapunzel
And it's like the sky is new

Both
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything is different
Now that I see you

Now that I see you

We end the song and are starring into each other's eyes only a few inches a part. He notices and awkwardly pulls back and clears his throat. "I'm sorry." He says. I shake my head. "No, it's fine. Your amazing by the way. I don't know why you picked on because you sing." He shrugs. "Thanks. You were great too." I smile and lay back down on bed. "Now what?" He asks. I don't know why but I get the urge to tell him about my past. "Hey Avi, can I tell you something?" I see him nod. "Sure." "Ok, but you have to promise not to tell anyone. This is something I want go get away from not be reminded of constantly." "Ok, I promise you can trust me." I walk over to my dresser and pull out an picture. I go sit down next to Avi and hand him the picture. "Who's this?" He asks confused. "That is my baby boy, James."