Chapter 18

Kirstie POV

"Alright, here's what I want the nursery to look like. Do you think we can get it done?" I ask while showing them the picture. They all nod and we get to work. "Hey Kit come here." Avi says. I walk over and he hands me a paint brush. "I cant reach the top so I'm going to pick you up." I nod. Once I can reach I quickly paint the spot so Avi doesn't have to hold be longer than necessary. 

It doesn't take us long to paint the base color, so while the paint dries we hang out in my room, across the hall. "What do you want to do?" I ask while hanging off the side of my bed. Everyone shrugs. I sigh which causes a coughing fit. I quickly get off the bed and head to my bathroom to get some water. When I walk back into the room everyone is looking at me worried. "Are you sure you're ok?" Esther asks while feeling my forehead. I just shrug. " Kirstie you need to lay down you feel like you have a fever." She drags me over to my bed and pushes me so I lay down. "Alright while we finish up the room I want you to lay in here." "What! No I want to help you guys." I whine. She shakes her head. "No." I let out a sigh. " Fine if I have to be in here can Avi at least stay with me?" I ask. "I guess. He doesn't really get sick so he should be fine." I smile and Avi comes and sits by me.  "We'll come get you when we're done." Scott says before walking out of room.

Once they're gone I turn on my side facing Avi. He smiles down at me before kissing my forehead. "Can I ask you something?" He nods. "I know when we were at Jesse's talking about if I should take James you said you would support me no matter what. So I started thinking, how would you feel about being James' father figure? You don't have to. I just thought he should have someone to look up to." I ask nervously. I see that he has a giant smile. "I would love nothing more. Even if you didn't ask me I planned on being there for him." When he says this my eyes water. "Oh Kirstie, please don't cry." I let out a small laugh and wipe away my tears. "Ok, no more tears." He quickly pecks my lips before I can protest. I laugh and lay my head on his chest. "Why don't you get some rest. I'll wake you up when the gang is done with the room." I nod and close my eyes quickly falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Gorgeous, you need to wake up." I hear Avi say. I open my eyes and see everyone around the bed. "What?" I groan while throwing the pillow over my head. "We wanted to let you know we finished the nursery." Tori says. Immediately I jump out of the bed. Of course that leads me to become dizzy. So I sit down until it goes away. Once I'm able to walk I run to the nursery. I gasp at what I see. It's just how I pictured it.

"Thank you guys

"Thank you guys." I say once they walk into the room. "Group hug!" Mitch yells and we all huge each other. Just then I hear the downstairs door open. I walk out to the over look and see my mom. "Mamá, Come see what the gang did." I yell. I walk back into the room and a few minutes later she walks in. "It's beautiful." She says. "And you have these amazing people to thank." I say while gesturing to my friends.

'Happiness, hit her like a train on a track

Coming towards her, stuck still no turning back

She hid around corners and she hid under beds

She killed it w-

"Hello?" "Kirstie, it's Brad. I asked Jesse if she wanted you to go ahead and get James. She thinks it would be best if you do. When do you think you can meet?" "Umm..... How about Friday. I'll just drive to the hospital. I want to talk to Jesse." "Ok, well I guess I'll see you then." "Yeah, bye." I hang up and make my back to my bed room. "What's going on?" Mitch asks. "I'm getting James Friday." I say while looking at the ceiling. That's when it fully hits me. "I'm getting James. I-I don't think I can do this. I'm not cut out to be a mom." My breaths become labored as I list off what if's. "Kit, calm down." Avi sits down in front of me. "You need to slow your breaths down. Match yours to mine." I do as he says. Once my breathing is calm he works on stopping the attack. "Kit you will me an amazing mom. You have nothing to worry about. Remember what we talked about while we were laying down?" I shake my head. "Yes you do. Remember I told you I was going to be there for not only you but James too. You're not on your own, we'll figure it out together." By the time he stops telling me this I've completely calmed down. "Thank you Avi." He pulls me into a hug and I lay my head on his chest. "No problem Sweetheart." "Well now that that's over lets do something." Mitch says. "What do you wanna do?" I ask. He thinks about it for a minute. "Well, why don't we arrange a song. That way when your feeling better we can video it." "But what about Esther, Tori, and Mat. That kinda leaves them out." "It's ok. We can help pick a song and figure out what sounds good." Tori says. I shrug and we all circle up on my bed. "So what song?" Avi asks. We throw around ideas until I think of the perfect of. "What about edge of glory?" Everyone agrees. "Ok lets print out the sheet music and get to work." Kevin says. "No need to print them." I hop off the bed and walk over to my bookshelf. I look around for a minute until I find the binder I'm looking for. "Over the summer I would pint out sheet music for songs I liked." I say while sitting down. They all nod and we get to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! What did yall think? Can I ask yall a favor? My cousin has a Wattpad and writes some AMAZING poetry and it would mean a lot if yall went and checked out his profile iceburg30215

Don't forget to vote and comment

Love yall💚

Hannah