Chapter 14

Jess

Jess

Kirstie POV

In front of me stands Jess, James's adopted mother. I look over at Avi and see him smiling. "Kirstie! Thank you for coming!" She looks at Avi. "You must be Avi thank you for bringing her here." She opens the door further letting us in. "It was no problem at all." He says before looking at me. I give him a questioning look before following Jesse further into the room. "What am I doing here?" I finally ask. Jess stops and looks at Avi. "You didn't tell her?" He shakes his head. "No, she didn't even know we were coming. It was surprise." She nods then looks at me. "I wanted to talk to you about James." That immediately worries me. "Is everything ok? Is he ok?" She lets out a small laugh. "Don't worry dear he's fine. Here why don't we sit down and I'll explain." I nod and sit on the couch with Avi while she sits in a chair across from us. "How do I explain this." She says to herself. "Ok, well um you see a few weeks ago I wasn't feeling good so I went to the doctor and they could figure out what was wrong so they ran test. I got my test back yesterday morning and they weren't good." She says with tears in her eyes. I get out of my seat and pull her into a hug. "They gave me a few months at the most. And I know this is sudden and you went through so much to give him up, but I don't want James going to someone I don't know. So what I'm asking is will you take him back." I freeze and look at her wide eyed. "I-I don't know if I can do that." "Please Kirstie. I know it's a lot to ask. But you don't have to bring him with you immediately. You can go home and get every ready. I just need to know he will go to some one I trust." I let out a sigh. "Can I think about it?" She nods. "Of course. I wouldn't want you to rush into anything." "Ok." Just then I hear a cry come from upstairs. I look over at Jess and see her getting up. "Wait, can I get him?" I ask. "Of course. Just go straight up and he's in the second room to the left." I nod and make my way up the stairs.

I walk to the room she told me and I see a crib set up. I walk over and see James with a red face a tears running down his face. "Aww baby." I pick him up and hold  him close to my chest. "Shh it's ok." I bounce him for a minute but when he doesn't stop crying I check his diaper and see it is full. "Well let's change that." I walk over to his changing table and carefully change him.  Once he has a clean diaper on I take him downstairs. (I forgot how old I said he is so were going to go with 3 and a half months.)  "I changed his diaper while I was up there." I tell Jess when I go to hand him to her. "Why don't you hold him while I go make him bottle." She says while standing up. I nod and go sit back down with Avi. When Jess leaves the room Avi lays his head on my shoulder and looks down at James. "He looks just like you." I nod. "Avi I think I know my decision." I tell him while looking down at James. "Just holding him made me realize how much I missed him. And now that I know where he is I don't think I can leave him again." I feel Avi nod. "I support you with what ever you choose. And I will bet there for you." I turn towards him I peck his lips. "I love you." He reaches up and wipes away a tear I didn't even know was there. "I love you too." "Alright I have one bottle for a Mr. James." Jesse says while coming around the corner. I smile at her and hand him over so she can feed him. "So Jess, I think I made a decision." She looks up from James. "If it's really what you want. I'll take care of him. Only if your 100% sure." She nods. "I really am sure I want him to go to you. The doctor told me there was no coming back from this sickness." I let out a sigh. "Well I know for a fact I can't take him right now. With the Sing off and everything plus I don't have anything set up for him." She nods. "I understand. When ever you're ready just text me and we can meet up or anything." "Ok." I look at my phone and see it is already 8:30. I look at James sadly. "We have to get back, it's getting late."  I stand up and Jess pulls me into a hug. "Thank you for doing this." I nod. "It's no problem at all. I really have missed him." I kiss James's head before taking Avi's hand. "I'll see yall soon." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we get to the hotel I head straight to my room to get on some pajamas. After I change I walk into the living room where everyone is. "So Scott wants to go over the song for a little while before bed." Mitch says. I nod and take a seat on the couch.

For the rest of the night we talk and go over the song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope yall liked it!

Don't forget to vote and comment

Love yall 💚

Hannah