Chapter 10

A week later

Kirstie POV

Its been a week since the fall dance and right now Pentatonix is getting ready to leave for The sing off.

"Alright does everyone have everything in the van?" Kevin asks while climbing in the driver seat. We all reply with some version of yes. "Then lets get this thing on the road!" Scott yells. We all cheer. Kevin pulls out of the school parking lot and I lay my head on Avi's chest. " Who all are we competing against?" I ask. He pulls out his phone and I guess pulls up and email. "It looks like

Home free

Dartmouth Aires

Urban Method

Vocal Rush

and AcoUstiKats."

I freeze when he says the last one. He must notice because he asks me if I'm ok. "AcoUstiKats was the acapella group for my old school. Jeremy was apart of it so I know everyone in the group. They were the worst when it came to the bullying." I explain. Avi pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head. "We wont let anything happen to you. Isn't that right boys." They all nod. "You're our sister now. If someone wants to mess with you they have to go through us." Mitch says while trying to act tough. I laugh. "Thanks guys." Just then I feel my phone buzz. I pull it out and see a message from an unknown number.

'Hey Kirstie, It's Jess, the one who adopted James. I can't imagine what it was like to give him up. So I decided I would give you updates. If it upsets you to much just tell me and I wont send anymore. Anyways he's a real sweet boy and is curious about everything around him. I hope one day we're able to meet up so you can see him. Here's a picture of him that i took yesterday. Hope you have a good day'

I smile at the picture and wipe away a stray tear

I smile at the picture and wipe away a stray tear. Avi must notice it because he asks if I'm ok. I nod and show him the picture. "His adopted mother said she was going to start sending my updates and pictures of him." I say while starring at the picture. "You miss him, don't you?" I nod. "I know I chose to give him up. But I feel like something is missing. I never really noticed it until she sent me that first picture a few weeks ago." I say with a sigh. He puts his arm around me and I lean on his chest as much as you can while buckled.

A few hours later

We pull up outside our hotel and go get checked in. The contest book rooms that fit 5 each so we didn't have to separate. Once all of our luggage is in our room we get back in the car and head to where the contest is being held. Apparently the contest is really big because we follow the address to a studio building. Inside we see 3 of the groups are here. We walk over to one group that is only guys. "Hey." Scott says. "Hey. Your Pentatonix right?" One of the guys says. "Yeah." I say confused. "How do you know who we are?" Mitch asks. "Everyone know who you are. Have you not checked Youtube lately." We all shake our heads. "Here." one of the guys with a deep voice says while heading us his phone. On it plays a video of us singing at the Fall dance, we scroll down and see the video has almost 10,000 hits. "Wow." Is all I can say. Scott hands him back his phone. "Thanks...." "Oh sorry. My names Tim, and these weirdo's are Adam, Chris, Rob, and Austin. We're Homefree." "Well it's nice to meet yall. I'm Kirstie, that's Scott he our leader, Mitch, Kevin, and my boyfriend Avi." I say while pointing to everyone. While standing there talking to Homefree I notice that AcoUstiKats are starring at me. I start to feel uncomfortable under their gaze and start fidgeting around. "Are you ok Kirstie?" Austin asks. I glance over at AcoUstiKats and back to Austin before giving a slight nod. "Is it something with the AcoUstiKats? Don't worry about them they've been jerks to everyone since they got here, especially the Jeremy guy." Chris says. We all freeze. "Did you say that Jeremy was here?" Avi asks and they nods. "Avi I can't be near him. I can't do this." I say breathing quickly. Oh why now, I haven't had a panic attack in months. "Hey Kirstie look at me." Adam says while placing a hand on my shoulder. "What color are my eyes?" He asks calmly. "I-i don't know ." I say while looking around. "You know what color they are. Just look at my eyes." I do as he says. "They're blue. A very beautiful blue." I starting to calm down some. "Well thank you. Now tell me about one of your favorite memories." I nod. "It was about a month ago. It was my first day at the school and I made some of the best friends I could ask for." I explain fully calm. "Thanks Adam." I say and give him a hug. "How did you know what to do?" Avi asks while I walk over to him. "My best friend has them. I picked up on how her parents calmed her down." "I didn't know you got panic attacks Kit." Mitch says. I shrug. "I haven't gotten one since I left my old school." "If you don't mind me asking, what set your attack off?" Austin asks. I sigh. "Jeremy is my abusive ex." I stat simply. "I'm sorry for asking." He says. I shake my head. "It's alright." Just then I see the judges walk over to all of us. "Hello contestants. For the first round you can arrange any song you want. You have 3 days. Good luck." They judges walk away and we say good bye to Homefree before walking to the car.

Once we're at the hotel we talk about songs. What about E.T by Katy Perry. I love that song." Mitch suggest. "I like it. Lets do it." Scott says and the rest of us nod. For the next few hours we arrange the first half of the song. By the time we're done its 10 at night. I let out a yawn and stand up. "I'm going to go get some sleep. I'll see yall in the morning." I give Avi a quick kiss before walking into my room. Once I have my pajamas on I climb in bed and quickly fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!! Look at an update!! Hope yall enjoyed it.

Don't forget to vote and comment

Love yall 💚

Hannah