Chapter 15

The next day

Kirstie POV

I slip on my Brittany Spears dress and walk out to where the guys are. "Yall ready?" I say when I get over to them. Everyone but Avi nods, instead he just stares at me. I laugh and kiss his cheek. "It's rude to stare." He blushes and looks away. While we wait for our turn the HomeFree guys come over. "Can you believe it's the last performance before the finale." Austin says. "I know. I'm going to miss you guys once it's over." I say while hugging them. Tim laughs. "Don't worry you'll be hearing from us all the time once this is over. Our schools aren't that far." "Next up we have Pentatonix"   "Good luck!" Chris says while we walk on stage.

We run off the stage breathing hard. "Guys that was amazing! Your definitely the one to beat." Jeremy says sarcastically. I roll my eyes. "Like to show me how to do it?" I say while gesturing to the stage. "I would love nothing more." He grabs his mic and walks off.

They walk off and I stand there shocked. As much as I don't like them, I have to admit they were amazing. "And I believe that is how you perform." Jeremy says before walking to the green room. I sigh and look at HomeFree. "Knock 'em dead." "Thanks Kirst." Adam says. We cheer as they walk on.

"Great job!" Mitch cheers. "Thanks!" Chris says and gives him a high five. "Ummm.... Kirstie." I hear Avi say. I look at him and see he is looking over towards Jeremy. As I look closer I see that Jesse is being blocked by him. "Leave her alone Jeremy." I yells and shove my way in between Jesse and him. "She can't be back here she isn't a performer." "Yes she can. She's here with me." I push on his chest so he moves and look at Jesse . That's when I notice she has a baby carrier in one hand. My smile instantly widens. "You brought him?" She nods. "Do you not want him here? I'm sorry if you don't I just thought it would be a nice surprise." She rushes out. I just shake my head. "It's perfectly fine. Come on you can meet my friends." I take her over and Avi smiles. "Hello Jesse." He says. Everyone looks confused. "Guys this is Jesse, James' mother." I see Scott's eyes widen. I just shrug and take the carrier from her. I set it on the ground and pull out James. "Is that him?" Mitch asks getting a little closer. "Yeah, I have some explaining to do but first lets see who's going home." I say before handing James to Jesse.

"And the group going home is Dartmouth Aires. But join us next week to see which top three will go home with the trophy."

We walk off stage and I tell Dartmouth that they had amazing performances and that I was sorry they were voted off.  "Thanks Kirstie. Your so sweet." I smile and walk over to my friends. "So about explaining. Let's just say in a few months this little one will be in my care." Everyone looks confused again. "I thought you said he was adopted by Jesse here." Kevin says. I nod and look at Jesse to explain what happened. "Well I did adopt him but um I found out that I'm sick  and only have a few months left they said at the most till February so 6 months. Since I have James I knew if something happened to me he would go into the system so I contacted Kirstie here and asked if she was willing to take him." I nod. "We met up last night and after some thinking and talking to Avi I agreed, but would actually bring him hone till we finished the sing off and I got a room for him together."  "Wow." Is all Scott can get out. I nod. "Come on lets go to the changing room. Yall can change first then I'll change." The guys agree and we say by to HomeFree. I but James on the couch near the dressing room and kneel in front of him so I can play with his small hands. "I know this is going to be confusing for you at first but I promise to be the best mommy I can." I say. He looks up at me and I smile.

I play with him for a few more minutes till I see a flash go off beside me. I place a hand on James so he doesn't roll and turn to see Avi standing there with his phone out. "Did you just take a picture of me?" He nods and shows me. (Pretend its her in the picture .)

I smile and pick up James

I smile and pick up James. "Here hold him while I change." Avi looks at me nervously. "I don't know Kit, I've never held a baby." "It's going to be fine. Here sit on the couch and I'll help you." He sits down and looks up at me. "Ok now hold you arms like this." I show him then gently put James in them. James lets out a small whine before snuggling into Avi's chest. I smile and quickly put normal clothes on.

I walk out of the room and see that James feel asleep on Avi. "Jesse can I talk to you?" She nods and I walk a little off from the boys. "Is there anyway that we could have James over for the night? You don't have to let him, I just want to see how one night goes." She smiles at me. "Of course he can stay with yall for the night. Everything you might need is in his bag, so he's ready." "Thanks, Jesse. For everything, I thought I would never get to see him again after I gave him up." "It's no problem at all Kirstie. I'm glad he's going to a family like yours." She says while looking over at the guys. I turn around and smile at the sight. Avi is staring down at a sleeping James while the guys are crowed around him to get a better look. "Me too Jesse, me too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope yall like it!

Don't forget to vote and comment

Love yall💚

Hannah