chapter 16

(Their outfits but Kirstie's hair is brown)

Kirstie POV

Tonight is the finale, and I am so nervous. This week so far has been great, James was perfect the night he stayed, and our rehearsals have been amazing.

"Kit calm down, it's going to be ok."  Kevin says. I nod and take a deep breath. "Thanks Kevin." I walk over to the curtain and look out. In the front row I see my mom, Jesse, James, and everyone else's parents. My smile widens and I walk over to Avi and them. "They're here!" I cheer. The guys look at me confused at first. "Our parents are here, along with Jesse and James. Wait where's Esther." Before they can react  we are called to preform. I take a deep breath and grab my mic.

We finish and run back stage, the minute we put down our mics HomeFree tackles us into a giant group hug. "That was amazing. The crowd was almost in tears." Austin says. I laugh. "Thanks." I look behind HomeFree and see my mom walking over. I immediately run over to her and pull her into a hug. "How have you been, Cariño?" "Good, I've missed you. These past weeks have been crazy." She smiles. "I bet."  She lets me out of the hug and I walk over to Jesse. "Yall did get Kirstie." "Thanks Jesse. Just wait though, we still have 2 more performance  these have to be my favorite out of the arrangements we've done." 'Next up we have HomeFree performing, I want crazy by Hunter Hayes.'  "Good luck guys!" I say as they walk onto stage.

While watching them perform I take James and walk over to Avi. He smiles when he sees him and plays with his hand. Of course my mom and his parents notice so they walk over. "Who is this little guy? I saw you hugging his mom." Avi's mom asks. I look at my mom and I notice her eyes watering. "This is James." Immediately my mom bursts into tears. I hand Avi James before going to hug her. "But how did you find them?" She asks. I look over at Jesse and motion her to come over. "I didn't find them. She called me but I didn't hear it going off so Avi answered and they set up a meeting." "I have a question." Avi's dad says. "Who is James?" " My son. I-" "So this is him." I quickly turn around and see Jeremy standing there with his group behind me. Avi quickly hands me James before stepping in front of me. Once Scott, Kevin, and Mitch notice what's going on they come over and stand by Avi. "Take one step towards her and you'll wish you were never born." Avi says in the lowest voice he can possible do. Jeremy seems unfazed by it and takes another step. Before he can get any closer HomeFree walks off stage and see us so of course they back up the guys. "You may have your friends now but just you wait one day they aren't going to be here and I'll be waiting." He says to me before walking on stage.

I quickly hand James back to Jesse before sitting on the couch and pulling my knees to my chest. With out realizing it I start to shake and mumble to myself. 'He know, he's going to hurt us, he knows.'

Avi POV

Kirstie goes to sit down and starts to have an attack. I look over at Adam worried and he jumps into action. "Kirstie look at me." She looks up at his eyes. "Where are you?" "At the sing off." "What are a few things you cant  live with out?" She sits there a few minutes before answering. "My family, my friends, and umm.... Avi." She whispers the last part but I catch it. "Are you okay now?" Adam asks. She nods and stands up before walking over to me. I pull her into a hug and she just keeps her head on my chest. I notice that Jeremy's group is down so we all walk onto stage for the elimination. "Will you explain everything to them Jesse?" Kirstie says before while we're walking.

"And the first group going home tonight is........... AcoUstiKats." I watch as Jeremy sends my group a glare before walking off the stage. "And that leaves HomeFree and Pentatonix to battle it out for the title." We watch as HomeFree goes to the back and we grab our mics.

We come off stage and I notice Avi is crying. I walk over and hug him. "What's wrong?" I ask. He shake his head and smiles. "I think it's just hitting me that we have a shot at winning this and I couldn't ask for better friends to preform with." I smile and peck his lips. "Good luck guys." Kevin says to HomeFree. I give them a encouraging smile before heading to get a small snack.

As they finish singing the last verse I start to get really nervous. "We've got this." I say quietly t myself. "Alright and go." One of the stage crew says. We walk out and stand by HomeFree.

"This has been an amazing few weeks and we have seen some amazing talent. But tonight is the night we find out who wins it all." I take a deep breath and grab Avi's hand. "And the winners are.......... Pentatonix!" I let out my breath and start jumping around. "I'm sorry HomeFree." The host says. After hugging the guys I run over to HomeFree and pull them all into a hug. "Yall have done  amazing and are some amazing friends. I\m so glad I got to meet yall." I say. They all smile. "Thanks Kirstie. But you might want to go perform with your group." Chris says. Turn around and see Avi holding my mic. I laugh and go to run off. "Love yall." I yell. Right before we start I hear them yell back. "We love you too Kirstie." I laugh and turn around to face to crowd.

I take a deep breath and look around at the crowd. Over the past few weeks I have come to fall in love with preforming and can not imagine doing anything else with my life. They only thing that makes performing even better is doing it with such amazing people. But from here out is going to be hard, but I'll get through it with my head held high.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope yall like it!! Don't worry this is not the end.

Don't forget to comment and vote

Love yall💚

Hannah