Chapter 7

I let out a gasp and try to close the door. Before I can get it closed Jeremy walks in and grabs my wrist while pushing Avi out of the way. "Look at who I found. Where is he?" He asks while tightening his grip on me. I let out a yelp in pain and try to get away. "Where's who?" Just then I see a fist fly through the air. I close my eyes waiting for the impact but it never comes. I open my eyes and see Jeremy  knocked out the ground and Avi holding a pan. Once he see Jeremy is out he drops the pan and runs over to me. "Are you ok? Did he hurt you?" I shake my head no. "I'm fine." I tell him while pulling him into a hug. "Thank you." I say into his chest. I pull back and look down at Jeremy before pulling out my phone and calling the police.

Once I hang up I take a zip tie i found and tie his hands together. I sigh and stand above him. While standing there I feel an arm go around my waist. "Who is he?" Avi asks. "My ex, Jeremy, James's 'father'." I shutter at the thought.  Just then I hear a knock on the door. I open the door thinking it's the police, instead I find Scott and Mitch. "How dare you leave us at the mall. One second your there the-" Mitch stops yelling when he sees Jeremy knocked out in the floor. "Why is there a man knocked out in the floor and also why is Avi at your house?" "Umm..." I look up at Avi for help. "She dropped me off at school to get my bike then I followed her so we could work on homework. Then while working the guy came in and I hit him with a frying pan." Avi lies. "Oh, we came by to see if yall wanted to have a sleep over tomorrow after school." I nod. "Sure." "Ok well we'll see you later." They say while leaving. Just as they pull out the police pull in. I keep the door open and let them in. "So what happen?" One officer asks while the other drags Jeremy out to the car. I explain what happened today and the relationship I use to have with Jeremy. After the police leave Avi and I go back upstairs and work on homework.

THE NEXT DAY

I roll over in bed and look at my phone to see Avi texted me.

Hey Princess👑 Just wanted to let you know that I am so glad that you agreed to be my girlfriend. I'll see you at school have a great morning.

I smile and get out of bed. I quickly get a shower then put on an America flag tank top, with black shorts. a three layer necklace, and a pair of flip flops. Once I am dressed I blow dry my hair and leave them down in waves. Just then I hear a knock on my door. "Hey Kirstie you might want to hurry so your not late." My mom says from the other side. "On my way down now." I say while getting my book bag and phone. "Bye mom love you!" I yell while running out to my car.

I pull up at school with 15 minutes to spare, thank you shortcuts. I reach over to grab my back pack, when I look up I see my group of friends standing at my window. I jump a little then laugh before getting out. "Yall scared me." "That was the point." Mitch says while hugging me. I roll my eyes and we walk in. While walking I feel an arm go across my shoulders. I look up and see Avi looking down at me with a smile on his face. I smile back and kiss his cheek. "Hold up!" Mitch yells before getting in front of us. "When did this happen?" He asks while pointing between Avi and I. Before I can answer the bell rings. "I'll explain later." I say before running into class.

Inside the room I see what looks like a guard in the back. I shrug and take my seat towards the middle of the room. While sitting there I pull out my note book and rearrange songs. "Hey babe." I hear a cold voice say in my ear. I freeze and look up to find Jeremy. I start to say something till I see the guard take him to the back of the class. "Alright class lets begin." Our teacher says and begins the lesson.

LUNCH

"Ms. Maldonado can I speak with you?" I hear my music teacher ask. I nod and walk into the class where I see Mitch, Scott, Kevin, and Avi. I take a seat next to Avi and turn to the teacher. "I called you 5 here to see if you've signed up your group for the states singing completion 'The sing off'?" "What group are you talking about?" I ask. She laughs. "Your group that sang in music recently. Yall sang 'Somebody that I use to know' ac-apella and it was amazing." She explains to us. "That was just us doing an assignment for class. We didn't even rehearse any of it." Avi tells her. "Well will you think about representing our school in it? The winners get a good amount of money towards their schools music program plus they get signed onto a record deal when they graduate." I look around at my friends and see them shrug. "How about we talk it over tonight and get back to you tomorrow in class?" She nods and we start to walk out. "One more thing. Would yall be willing to sing at the fall dance? We had a group picked out but they backed out yesterday." "Sure, I don't see why not." Scott says. "Thanks you." We all smile and head to lunch. "Why don't you go get us some seats, I'll get your food." Avi suggest. I nod and tell him what I want.

While everyone is in line I find a seat on the other side of the cafeteria. I take a seat and send a text too Scott telling them where I am. I hit send and put my phone up. Just then I see someone sit next to out of the corner of my eye. I turn to look at the person and see it is Jeremy. He leans over and gets close to my ear. "So where is my son?" My eyes widen and he pulls back with an evil smirk on his face. I look around for the guard that is with him but he isn't anywhere near by. I start to get up to find another seat but Jeremy grabs me arm, hard. "Ouch! Jeremy let go, now." I whisper while trying to pull my arm away. This only make his grip tighten. I wince and feel a tear go down my cheek. Just then he releases my arm, I look around and see that the guard is back dragging Jeremy to another table. I let out a sigh and wipe my tears away. "Hey Kit you okay?" I hear someone ask. I look across the table and see Scott sitting down with the others behind him. I nod and take the food Avi handed me. "Thanks."  I say while kissing his cheek. He smiles and turns back to his food. I go to reach for my drink when I hear my friends gasp. I look up at them and see them starring at my arm where a big bruise from Jeremy is. I slowly slide my arm back down into my lap and look down. "What happened?" Mitch asks concerned. "Jeremy." I mumble but Avi still hears me. He goes to get out of his seat but I stop him. "Don't the guard took care of him." Avi nods and relaxes. "So who's ready for tonight at my place!" Mitch yells trying to change the subject, we all cheer.

After lunch I don't have anymore classes with Jeremy and I'm glad. Right now I am with Avi heading to Mitch's place. I pull up outside and we go up to the door. Avi knocks and Mitch flings the door open. "Kavi is here!" He yells while pulling us into the living room where all our friends are. We take our seat and Scott immediately looks at me. "So when did you to become a thing?" I let out a sigh and begin my story.