3: Stories

Sam's P.O.V:

"NO! I can't...lose!" Black*star gasped as he tried standing up on his own, but failed miserably and collapsed onto his stomach panting heavily. I smirked and looked down at him who had been brutally defeated by yours truly. He put up a good fight, I'm impressed he lasted more than 5 minutes. I can see why he always boasts about being a star.

"Black*star!" Tsubaki calls running up to the boy who laid still. He's not dead. That last attack wouldn't be able to kill anybody. He finally sits up and stared at me with a dirty look.

"You weren't playing fair. That was foul play." he accused. I sighed and held out a hand to help him stand. Surprisingly he took it and I hauled him up onto his feet. "Black*star, it's good to be strong. But it's also good to admit defeat when need be."

Where the hell is Kid? He should have been here by now to pick us up and show us our living quarters. He didn't forget us did he?

"I don't think you understand." Black*star grit his teeth. "I'm the biggest star in the world. I can't let anything get in my way. I'm going to surpass god!"
"Fine, go ahead and surpass god, see if I care. All I'm saying is that people would respect you more if you could admit defeat just once." I sighed walking away from Black*star and Tsubaki. For a no weapon fight he sure is a sore loser. He probably just hates the fact that I'm a girl and I kicked his ass.

Connor approaches me with his bag slung over his shoulder filled with everything he needs to stay at Kid's. He was about to speak but Black*star cuts in. "Listen Sam," his voice had gone a whole lot calmer which surprised me. "I'm not going to admit defeat. Stars never do such a thing. I will however congratulate you for making it out alive and offer the best thing ever."

He holds out a hand with a huge grin. "You may have played dirty, but as the greatest star I'm willing to overlook that and see to it that we have a rematch some day where we both play fairly. Until then, I offer you the greatest gift of all! Friendship with the biggest star you've ever met! It's impossible to turn down!" 

His smile grew and I had to roll my eyes at his idiocy. Then again, I guess I can't really turn him down after a great fight like that. I haven't felt so alive in years. I shake his hand with a small smile and accept the offer. 

"Now come 'ere! Black*star's gonna give you a nice big hug!"

"Uh...no thanks, I'll pass on the hugging." I said backing away a little.

"So Black*star finally lost a match to someone." Soul smirks walking over to the four of us. "I wouldn't say he lost." Tsubaki smiled. "More like he decided that Sam played dirty," Connor finished leaning onto my shoulder.

"Either way, I'd say he lost." Soul concluded. "Have either of you seen Kid? He was meant to pick us up." Connor asked.

"Kid? He went home straight after school." Black*star said stretching out his arms and then cracking his knuckles. 

That bastard. He left us here after all. What an asshole. I've got a bone to pick when I see him next.

"Samantha! Connor!" someone yelled. We all looked towards the academy steps and saw the Thompson sisters waiting patiently for us. Patty was waving her arms in the air like a little child. Then again, that is her personality. "Kid told us to come get you. We're meant to take you home." Liz explained. 

So he leaves his partners to come get us instead? I'm not even sure what to think about all this. Is this guy seriously leaving his job to his weapons? I find that to be extremely disrespectful, letting his weapons do his dirty work. I'd never make Connor do errands for me. He's my friend, not a slave