25: A Parting Gift

Kid's P.O.V:

Gallows Manor.

It has always been my home, so nice and cozy. The interior design was made and picked out by my father, and the layout is simply marvelous. With over eight bedrooms, 3 master rooms and a glorious bathroom with toilet paper folded perfectly into a triangle.

For most who haven't been to Gallows Manor, they will undoubtedly get lost, for there is a ball room, tow lounge rooms, and a kitchen filled with food most would only dream of.

This is my home, and I've always felt safe in it. That is, until now...

I've let a dark aura, a dark soul slip into my home, and no it's my responsibility to exterminate it.

"Ready?" I ask Liz and Patty who are in gun form. I never expected for me to be standing at my own place, glaring at the front door, scared of what could await me when I step inside.
This is a witch we're dealing with. No, a Grand witch. She's more powerful than a normal witch. I'm no match for it, but I bet Sam and Connor would be able to take her down before anyone could say, Shinigami. But Sam and Connor aren't here to face Rowena. It's me and the girls. It's hard to believe we could have a fighting chance, but only time will tell.

"Ready Kid!" The girls shout in unison. I take a deep breath and hold them tightly. Am I really about to accuse her so suddenly? When I walk through that door, she'll greet me, but- Hey hang on. I'm a dumb ass. I'm getting all dramatic for nothing. Hannah is out shopping.

 I visibly relax and curse at myself for being so oblivious. I was about to take my first steps into the manor until I hear my name being called.

"Maka? Soul? What are you two doing here?" I ask. Soul yawns, looking like he was dragged out of bed by Maka. That's probably what happened.

"We were coming to see Connor and Sam. Are they here?" Soul asks. I suddenly become burdened with my emotions. Sadness, anger, frustration. Keep it together, Kid. 

I choke back my feelings and shake my head no. "I'm afraid they left an hour ago."

"Oh, will they be coming back?"

"I can't say. I don't know if they'll ever be coming back."

My whole body becomes tense. Calm down. I can't do anything about it until Hannah is eliminated. I never thought I'd ever say that about someone I used to love... Maybe Maka and Soul could help me...

"Kid? You're staring at your house like you want to burn it down." Maka observes.

"Maka," I call. She hums in response. I can hear the confusion. So clear, so evident, it makes me wonder if she'll be willing to help me. Wait, it's Maka I'm talking about. She'll do anything if it's for the greater good. In this situation, it's definitely for the greater good.

"Soul, Maka. I want you to get Black*Star, Tsubaki, and the best meisters at the academy, and see to it that all the students are evacuated. Try and find Connor and Sam and if you see Hannah, strike her down. Things are going to get heavy."

Without further explanation, we turn separate ways. They go off to do as I ask, and I enter the Manor with the girls only to be met with...

WITH A MONSTROSITY OF A PLACE! WHO IN DEATH'S NAME WOULD DO THIS?!

My jaw drops as I gawk into the house at the mess that's absolutely atrocious! What kind of human being would do this to my, to OUR HOUSE! I scamper around the house looking in every room, and everything is in the same disgraceful state I saw when I walked in.

"Kid? What's wrong?" Patty asks from her gun form. They both change back and look around them. Are they oblivious?! ARE THEY BLIND?! THE WHOLE HOUSE HAS BEEN RANSACKED!