4: Effort

Kid's P.O.V:

7:00 am wake up, and I am not impressed. Why? Someone has reset my alarm to seven.  SEVEN! Seven is an abomination. It should be eight, always eight. 

Taking a long deep breath to stop myself from destroying my alarm, I quickly get up and enter my bathroom joint onto my bedroom. I shower making sure I'm clean and get dressed ready for the day taking a total of eight minutes. 

Most people might find that too quick but I find it to be absolutely perfect.

I step outside my room and knock twice on our guests door. 

"Connor, Samantha, it's time to get up for school," I call. Geez I sound like their parent. Not waiting for a reply, I descend down the stairs in symmetrical style, hair brushed and neat, tux tidy with no creases and face washed and fresh. 

I stopped at the bottom getting a whiff of something delicious brewing in the kitchen. Had Liz and Patty gotten up already to make themselves some breakfast? 

Just as I had guessed. Patty and Liz were sitting at the bench eating what appears to be a bacon and tomato omelette. Liz is just about finished hers but Patty has a little to go. She's playing with her food whilst eating it. She was mumbling about making a giraffe or something? I didn't quite catch it as her giggles cut her sentence short.

"Morning Kid," Liz yawns and finishes her last mouthful. Patty swivels around in her seat and grins at me waving one arm in the air.

"Good morning. You're up early." I commented.

"So are you." Liz counters.

"Someone reset my alarm last night. It's getting annoying cause this is the third time it's happened."

Ever since Connor and Sam moved in almost a week ago I haven't seen much of them. They haven't made their presence well known throughout the household but I can tell that they're still here due to the hints they drop. Example A: Resetting my alarm to seven.

Other times include my door being open a little with a note that's only signed "S" and "C" for Samantha and Connor. Occasionally I'd hear laughter from their room, and before school I'd usually see the two walk out the door before I could scold them for their little game they have going on with me.

"I see," Liz nodded with a small smile. "Well, Patty here smelt breakfast and so we came down to eat. Connor makes one hell of an omelette. It's amazing."

"Wait, so it wasn't you who made the omelette? Did we even have eggs in the first place? I thought we ran out a while back." I inquired. Liz stayed silent then stood up stretching her back and placed her dishes in the sink.

"Liz," I called firmly.

"We may not have had any eggs when Connor and Sam were going to make breakfast..." she trailed off heading to her room to change.

"So they bought some, did they?"

"Yep! With your money!" Patty laughed.

"Patty! You weren't meant to say anything!" Liz scolded. Patty looked innocent for a while and pulled an apologetic look. 

Thieves. 

Stealing my money? I told them that if they needed anything they must get it themselves, yes, but with their own resources! 

"Where are they now?" I asked quietly. I feel the need to keep my voice low. If I raise it I might just explode with anger.

"They already left for the academy. They said they had to see Lord Death before school started."