17: Creator Of The Vase

Kid's P.O.V:

Sam lays in bed. Eyes closed, breathing steady. Her hair laying perfectly symmetrical, thanks to my efforts. She seemed so delicate and peaceful. I placed on my hands on her stomach, feeling the bandages that patched up her body.

This feeling of guilt keeps following me around. If only I had of shot the witch before she attacked me. Maybe then Sam wouldn't of had to sacrifice herself to save me. She'll be alright, she's alive at least. But she's not awake.

I gripped one of her hands and rub my thumb over her fingers. This is what I've been doing for the past two weeks. Everyday I'd come here to see her, and everyday I'd do nothing but sit beside her.

Connor walks past the clinic, then walks backwards seeing me beside his partner. 

"kid, classes have started," he says coming up to my side. He takes a chair from the corner and sits it next to me. "In fact, you haven't attended classes since the incident."

I clenched my fist that wasn't holding Sam's hand. "Yeah... I'm just... A little worried." I confessed.

"She'll be fine, Kid. You heard your father. She'll make a full recovery."

"Yeah... It's just that... I feel so guilty..."

"Pfft, there's no reason to be guilty!" Connor laughed. "She did it of her own free will. She knew the position she'd put herself in. There's no reason for you to dwell on it."

Connor's words sunk in deep, but I can't get over it. You can't just, push aside feelings. If it was that simple, I probably would have don it a long time ago.

"Come on, Kid, smile. Come to class with me!" 

Connor jumped up from his seat and instantly lifted me to my feet. He linked arms with me and began pulling me out of the clinic away from Sam! What is he doing?! No, I can't leave her side! What if she wakes up? I have to be there when she awakes!

I struggle and fight Connors small, but incredibly strong, arms to be free, but he holds me in place and continues to drag me down the hall to class Crescent Moon.

"We're here!" Connor sang into the class, causing various eyes to scan over us. I felt uneasy, but I guess Connor was right. It is about time I attended some classes. I'm sure my Dad would appreciate it.

I grumble and make my way to a spare seat between Patty and Liz.

"Kid! You finally came to class!" Patty squealed in delight. I sent her a small exhausted smile and rested my head in my hands. Liz doesn't say anything. She seems to be staring into space, zoning out. I wonder what she's thinking about.

"Kid, you finally showed up." Black*Star greets sitting below us. "Man, you look awful!"

"Thanks for that, Black*Star," I respond sarcastically.

"No, really dude. You don't look cool at all. Did something happen?" Soul inquires, sitting down with Maka, also below us. I gave them all confused glances, and then Liz silently pulls out a handheld mirror, passing it to me.

Looking into it, I almost don't recognise myself. The only thing that makes me know it's me is the three white lines! CURSE THEM!

My hair is all over the place, messily done, not at all symmetrical! I have to fix this immediately! Oh who am I kidding?! It'll never be perfectly symmetrical with those lines. Although... I can't stand for it to be uneven.

"Liz." I hold out a hand and she places a comb inside the palm. She's like a hand bag that has everything I need.

A few strokes there, press down here, done. Perfectly even, but it doesn't make my eyes any less red.