21: Not Welcome

Sam's P.O.V: (Finally)

When i woke up, everyone seemed excited. Patty and Liz hugged me half to death, saying how they were thankful for what I did in Brooklyn all those years ago. I guess they figured that detail out, hehe.
Soul high-fived me in the 'cool way' he does everything. Black*Star, the little crazy maniac, instantly challenged me to a duel, WITH weapons. I couldn't help but smirk at his recklessness. He has no chance at all against Connor and I. If we were allowed to get souls, I think Connor would already be a death scythe already. Not meaning to brag or anything...

Tsubaki and Maka smiled and gave their 'welcome backs' and of course, Connor stood there beside the bed, as stoic as ever, and gave me a slight nod in greeting. Well, that's the great Connor Monogue for ya. I know he was worried though. I just know it.

Now Death The Kid. Is it just me? Or did he get worse lookin' than before? I swear his hair wasn't as messy the last time I saw him. He looks good with messy hair. Makes him look a tad more dangerous. What doesn't make him dangerous, is the fact that when I awoke, he instantly latched onto me and wouldn't let go for a full minute. He just hung onto me like I was a teddy bear, and was going on and on about how glad he is that I'm awake.

A little weird, but I have to admit, it made my heart do a somersault. He's cute~

Afterwards, he immediately blushed and let me go apologised for being all over me. To that, I told him that he should be sorry, and that I need my space. Honestly, I didn't mind at all that he had hugged me. It felt nice and warm.

Even though it was a great reunion, the blonde girl at the door ruins the significance for me. I mean, look at her! She's a perfect brat. Not just that though, there's something off about her that I can sense. I had this feeling that she would be here. Could it be the visions I had while I was sleeping? That has to be it. The visions I see are never wrong. I can feel that she's going to do something bad here. She's going to harm Kid. 

Damn it, I'm so stressed out about this! I haven't been this worked up since I was 6 and practically killed the whole village. Of course, back then I used to play the piano to ease my nerves, and yes, I play the piano. I'm fairly good at it too, if I say so myself.

The girl smiles at me, in a sickening way that makes me want to upchuck anything in my stomach. i don't even think there is anything in my stomach, but oh how I have the urge to rip that smile in half. If only.

"Hey, um, Kid? Who's this?" She asks in fake innocence. Oh please. Do these guys really fall for this?

Apparently they do.

"Oh, Hannah? This is Samantha. She and Connor here are living with me at Gallows Manor. You can call her Sam-"

"No, it's Samantha to her." I cut in. I'm not going to have a fiend nickname me, even though it's not my really name. I don't even think I'll be able to tolerate her calling me Samantha. 

Kid blinks in surprise as do the others. I bet they weren't expecting such hostility.

"Oh, okay. Samantha then." Kid clarifies to Hannah. Geez, even saying her name is difficult for me. First time meeting, she's done nothing to me. I hate her.

The girl scowls at me and turns her face upwards like some posh prat with nothing better on her hands but to look down on all those below her. The worst kind.

"You let her stay at Gallows Manor? Doesn't she mess with your symmetry?"

Please Lord Death, put her to rest!

"There are a few times where she has rearranged my things, but nothing I can't handle. Besides, it gives me something to do." Kid smiles at me, and even though an ass-sucker is hanging off of him right now, I smile back. Something about it warms my insides. Of course, I know why. I'm a genius, and I have all the answers.