28: Battle to the Death

Sam's P.O.V:

"Ahh! My dear child! You finally decided to reunite with your loving sister!" Rowena smiles. A smile that drips with poison. Kid looks up with confusion. I would have expected him to have already known that fact, but there he is, dumb as a doorknob.

"Oh, sorry there sweetie," Rowena says to the reaper. "I'm not her mother, but we are related."

"So... That explains the eyes." Kid grunts holding his side. 

How unfortunate for me. Being related to this horrid devil. Then again, I guess among my kind, I'd be considered the horrid one. I'm nothing like the other witches. I forbid myself to be anything like them.

"You're no sister of mine." I scowl her way. Rowena shrugs and her dark lips form a sinister smile. She walks closer to me, and seeing how Kid is right below me, I walk forward to her as well. Connor tags along beside me. There's no way I'm letting this horrid sibling of mine hurt Kid any more. He's in enough agony as it is. 

Rowena and I stop a few meters from one another. Her smile never leaves. Almost like it's stuck in that position, but then she frowns and glares at me.

"You caused every one of us to suffer." She spits. "Your Grandparents, our  Grandparents died at your hands. You killed the last few Grand witches and to top it all off, our parents. You killed everyone in our village with no mercy. You're a murderer. Day after day, you slaughter your own kind. Your own people."

"It's not like I had a choice." I fight back. "You had everyone try and kill me for your selfish desires!"

"Because you put everyone in danger!"

"It's not like I knew what I was doing! I was, what? five?!"

"You say that, yet your powers were fully operational at that age. Something no witch should ever have. You knew forbidden spells. You grew up faster than a man on a rapid ageing spell!"

I roll my eyes. "So what if I was academically better than all of those witches back home. I could have still accidentally cast the spell!"

I'm lying. I totally knew what I was doing back then. It's their selfish desires that struck a nerve. I didn't like their world domination plans, so I blew up the village. The few that survived tried hunting me down. Still to this day i disagree with taking over the world and twisting it into something dark. I probably shouldn't have cast that spell now that I think about it. It's that spell that made everyone see how desirable my powers were. Not exactly a good thing for me.

"Still, it's because of you that everyone died." Rowena smirks. "And it's because of you that I was able to take charge of those ill minded witches and twist their minds so that they're under my control. I guess I should be thankful."

"Don't be." I snarl. "You sent all those witches to abduct Connor and kill me."

"Well what was I supposed to do? You wouldn't come willingly. I had to change tactics."

"What did you expect me to do? Give myself up?!"

Rowena smiles and stays silent for a while. "Yes actually. I half expected you would."

I clench my fists and stare at the ground around Rowena's feet. I sigh and calm myself down. If she wants me to surrender, then I will. Connor places a hand on my shoulder and I give him a light nod. We have a silent conversation with our eyes that lasts for about three seconds. He steps back and bows his head down sadly.

I relax myself, and fall to my knees. The stone ground feels colder than I thought. I sense the movement of the others. Kid, Maka, Black*Star, the whole gang.