16: Fateful but Greatful

Kid's P.O.V:

The rain was pelting down, flooding the land. Trees swayed in the wind and clothes that had once been stained were now drenched by the weather. Clear mixed with scarlet. What is happening?

"What?! How is this possible?!" I shouted at Connor. He sighed sadly then proceeded to explain.

"In your thoughts, you wonder why she doesn't heal herself? It's because her healing powers were robbed from her. They're broken. She needs special healing water to heal herself. It's different when it comes to other people. Healing others is a sacrifice that weighs heavily on her shoulders. As you can see, the outcome is this." Connor sniffled as he held onto Sam tightly. More blood seemed to rush out at the pressure. She's dying right in front of us! If she dies, the academy will crumble! I'll be honest, the academy is the least thing I'm worried about right now.

"Aww it's so sad!" Liz cried, "She sacrificed her life to save yours, Kid! That's so sweet!" Tears ran down her cheeks as she hugged Patty who seemed to be staring off into space. Something tugged at my heart, like it was battling a tug of war. What is this feeling? This.. Feeling of loss?

"She's going to die?" Patty asked. Connor wiped his teary eyes along with rain drops. "She's a strong witch, but I don't know if she'll make this one."

I can't believe it. She healed me knowing the damage she would inflict on herself. She saved my life knowing full well it would end hers. Sacrificial. Liz is right, it is sweet in it's own way, but even so, I can't let her die! Not after that.

"Hurry!" I shout, summoning Beelzebub. "Pass her here. We need to get her to the infirmary at the academy. Nygus might be able to save her."

Without wasting time, Connor lifts Samantha up bridal style and passes her almost lifeless body to me. I carry her like she's giving me a piggy back. She's so light. It's almost like I'm not even carrying anything. She's either light in general, or too much blood has been drained from her body.

"Liz, patty, go with Connor and meet up with the others. Tell them what's happened and meet me at the clinic." I told them. they saluted, and I head off as quick as I can back to the academy. Each moment that passes, I can feel Sam growing weaker and weaker. She doesn't have much time left. I need to hurry! If I don't make it, Morgan/Samantha Aileen will be no more.

Maka's P.O.V (For a change):

Black*Star. Tsunaki, Soul and I trudged onward through the heavy rain in a North-Eastern direction, searching for the witch Lady Morgana. Something bugs me about her. I don't understand how a witches soul can be in the school and have no one be able to sense it. How can it be possible?

I guess that this isn't the first time a witch has infiltrated the school. Medusa did a pretty good job. I know that Morgana doesn't have the same intentions as Medusa, but I think it's wise to have my full trust in her. She's a witch after all. Good or bad, it doesn't matter. They're still unpredictable.

"Hey, are you okay?" Soul asks placing a hand on my shoulder. I nod reassuringly with a small smile.

"Yeah,  of course! I'm just a little worried." I respond. He grins revealing his sharp pointy teeth and closes his eyes all chilled and relaxed.

"Don't worry, we'll find Sam soon enough." 

That's not exactly what I'm worried about, but he seems convinced by it. Why is he calling her Sam though? We found out her real name only moments ago.

A scream echos throughout the forest causing all of us to stop in our tracks in alert. Black*Star who was up front walked a few paces in the direction it came from. He quietly asked for Tsubkai to become a ninja sword, and Tsubaki immediately obeyed.