24: Not a day over 10

Sam's P.O.V:

"Her playing is beautiful," Kid compliments me to Connor, "But she's been playing intensely for hours now, and it was the same for yesterday, and the day before."

I hear Kid sigh from behind me, but I don't pay attention to it. My mind is elsewhere. Thinking about the future, and how if I don't get through this piece then I'm absolute trash! I have to play it to perfection. Only then will I be calm.

"Has she not told you?" Connor inquires Kid.

"Told me what?"

"When she's stressed, she plays the piano to relieve it. She plays quite exquisitely, don't you think?"

"Yes... I agree. Why is she so stressed? I'm guessing hardcore playing means the stress levels are overflowing?"

"That's correct," Connor confirms, "Think of it this way. The pieces she plays she knows incredibly well. When everything feels like it's going to hell, she plays one to have something go right."

Kid nods in understanding, but undoubtedly, he still has questions. None that are going to be answered for the time being. I close my eyes feeling the keys slip under my fingers. The sound, beautiful, crisp and clear. In my mind I picture a sun coming from beyond  the hills, shining down on my clouded mind making everything seem clear. Maybe now, I can try and piece together what's happening.

Okay, so from the start. I came with Connor to the DWMA to fulfill a promise for my father, which I'm still unsure  of what it is I'm supposed to do, but lord Death tells me I'm doing a fine job. I ended up bunking with a spoilt Grim Reaper and the sweetest two girls ever. Although at first I thought the reaper was a complete asshole, he's actually quite nice in ways I thought never existed. A little symmetry crazed but very sweet. Witches came and attacked me and my friends, kidnapped Kid, and I rescued his ass, much to his dismay, but we're on good terms. Of course, lately there's been some times where I think I hate him again, but the only reason why I feel like that, is because of Hannah.

That's the thing, this isn't Hannah. This is an impostor. Unless she rose from the dead, but in this world, in order to do that, a purpose must be given to them. What is Hannah's purpose for being here? I've also noticed that the witch attacks have lessened to none at all since her arrival. Does she have anything to do with it?

If she came here, she must be after Kid, right? Being a Grim Reaper means there's bound to be lots of enemies for him. No, she can't be after him. She would have struck last week or the week before. 

Honestly, posing as a close friend of Kid's that he feels is still alive is something I'd expect my powered crazed sister, Rowena to do. It's genius, getting closer to kid, gaining his trust, then the next time he leaves for a mission or is called away, pounce on Connor and I. Haha, yeah that would be something like her to do, but she died under all that rubble.

Unless... Wait... No she couldn't have! What did I just say?! 

"Rowena!" I shout stopping my playing. Once again, piano hasn't failed me.

"What?" the boys ask in sync. I stand up and grab Kid by the shoulders.

"You have to kick Hannah out now! You have to! We're all in danger, especially Connor and I!" I scream at Kid. The panic and fear I feel must be showing. kid's eyes widen at my sudden outburst, but Connor holds a rather stoic expression. Whatever I say, he's going to believe. I have never steered him wrong. Kid, however, will be a hassle to convince. If he doesn't believe me, I already know what I have to do.

"What do you mean?" Kid asks. Ugh! Do i really have to explain? "Hannah is harmless."

"No, Kid. She was harmless, but that's not Hannah! She's an impostor, and she's dangerous!"