18: Brooklyn

Kid's P.O.V:

"H-Hey, Samantha? It's me, Kid again." I stutter. My words are all shaky, and no matter how hard I try to get them to stop, they just continue wavering uncontrollably. It's early in the morning, another sleepless night awaited me when I got home yesterday, and so I was up almost all night. Classes don't start for another three hours. I doubt anyone is really awake. I know Liz and Patty are trying their best to stay energised. I dragged them along to the clinic and I have a feeling that I'm going to pay for it later. Connor, however was awake when I decided to get out of bed, and of course, accompanied me to the infirmary.

"The others ask about you," I continue on squeezing her small hand. "Tsubaki and Black*Star send their get wells and their love, as do the rest of us. They don't visit very often because of missions, and everyone else is a pretty heavy sleeper and not a morning person," I chuckled lightly looking over to Patty and Liz who were glaring at me slightly. Connor chuckled along as well, smiling at me. I sent one back, but weaker than his.

I feel like breaking down into a million pieces. I never thought seeing someone who I once thought to be a spawn of the devil would make me so mentally and emotionally broken. 

"Please come back to us soon," I breath out in a puff of air. I take a deep breath in and exhale shakily. Patty sits closer to me with a worried expression. "I haven't seen you this upset since that other girl went away," she stated.

"Patty, I think Kid was more upset then," Liz yawns, patting the four year old minded girl on the head. Liz took a seat on the other side of me and sighed. She appears to be troubled. 

"Are you alright, Liz?" I ask her. She looked up a little surprised, then furrowed her brows and sighed.

"yeah... it's just that what Sam did to you, to save your life? It seems familiar to me, and the more I think about it, Sam seems like someone I've known before. Or that I've met Sam before she came to the academy."

"That's impossible though, isn't it? I mean, Connor, you and Sam were set in stone until a few months ago, right?" I ask. Connor stretched his arms and leaned back letting out a relaxed exhale.

"Yeah, that much is true. That doesn't mean that we got out of stone once before." 

"You mean, you and Sam have been here before?"

"Well, not exactly here. But yes."

He sat up and leaned in closer to us.

"We returned a couple of years ago. Before you met your dear partners, Kid. When the Thompson sisters were the misfits of Brooklyn. I remember it as if it was yesterday. It seems so recent, but really it wasn't. The day where you, Liz and Patty, hit Samantha in a spot that not many people could reach."

"What?! I didn't hit her! I swear!" Patty exclaimed in a panicked rush. Connor laughed.

"No not like that, Patty. I mean you touched her heart. You made have a little more respect for herself and others. Yes, she protected others but she was always a little harsh towards them."

"Wow... shocker." I state sarcastically. Connor sent me a cold playful glare, and I instantly shut up. At least, I think the stare was meant to be playful, but who can really tell with this guy?

"How did we touch her heart?" Liz asks Connor, becoming more awake as the story perks her interest.

"Well, I guess you could say in a way, you reminded her of herself. Your family betrayed you in a way, and left you on the streets. Same thing happened to her. You did whatever you had to do to survive, and same story with Sam and I. You didn't feel you could fit in with everyone else, and Sam didn't belong with her own kind, and lets face it, she's a witch so no normal beings wanted her around for the fact that she was a witch. She couldn't be herself."