9: Unexplainable

Still Samantha's P.O.V...

"Ow! Ow!" I cried as Connor applied more pressure to the wound. The purple was fading and it was beginning to look like an ordinary wound, but that doesn't stop it from stinging like buggery!

After dueling with Lazuli, Connor and I headed to Lord Death to examine the effects of the wound she gave me. She placed an enchantment in my blood, which overtime I'd get incredibly weak to the point where I'd end up being like how Kid is now. Unable to stand, unable to breath properly, unable to talk, only whisper.

Although it's partially treated, there's no sure way to reduce all the effects. Right now we're trying a special remedy made by me with the help of Lord Death and Connor.

Lord Death sighed and placed the witches soul that we gave him away somewhere. I have no idea where it actually went, one moment he had it, the next it was gone.

"So they found you?" he questioned.

"One did, not sure about anyone else. But it means that they're not far off." Connor dabbed more of the 'special water' mixture onto the wound.

"Hmm, and you say they have a formula to hide their soul wavelengths?"

"Something like that," I grunted, hissing a little at the burning sensation brought to me by the stupid liquid. If only the process to reverse an enchantment wasn't a painful one. "But don't worry, Lord Death, I have a feeling that it's very scarce. Only a few witches would have it. I hope..."

Connor placed the bowl filled with wonders down and stared at the cut that was already beginning to heal over. 

Healing water. Normal water with a little something extra. 

Lord Death sighed and then clicked his fingers as if an idea sparked up.

"I want you two to do something for me." he bounced around the death room, almost like he was dancing. He pulled two books out of his cloak and handed them to me.

Weaopns Of Old: Titan

Dark Ages: Morgana

"Oh! I love this story!" I gasped looking at the Morgana one. Lord Death smiled and placed an over sized hand on my shoulder.

"I thought you might, she is quite remarkable, isn't she?"

"I wouldn't say that. She's scary as. But I guess that's what I admire about her..."

Connor takes the weapon book and studies the pages. "So...what are meant to do with these books?" he asked the Grim Reaper.

"Take 'em to Kid of course!" he beamed. "I want him to enjoy the stories as much as I do!"

I began laughing remembering the time I eavesdropped on his, Liz and Patty's conversation about the stories. They seemed...well...absolutely thrilled about them.

They all zoned out and don't want to hear a damn thing about them.

Such ignorance is intolerable.

"I'll make sure he sits down and reads them," I grinned. I had a plan in mind. He's not going anywhere for a few days until that vase is sorted out.

Great, living with a zombie. 

Lord Death bid us goodnight as it was already nightfall. Connor carried one book, and I carried the other.

They were quite heavy for books that only focused on one thing. Then again, I've read the books almost a thousand times before, and they go into great depth and detail into their specific subject.