Chapter 2: Always Here

~Three Months Later~
August

Riley's POV
It's been three months since I found out I was a werewolf. I also found out how you trigger the werewolf curse. You have to kill someone. Hayley did before she got here. That's why she was kicked out by her adoptive parents.

When she turned on a full moon, she trashed the house. When her parents got home and saw the mess, they kicked her out. She triggered it because of a boating accident. Everyone was drunk and she thought she wasn't.

Hayley and I are now enjoying our last day of freedom before school starts. We're also celebrating our senior year. We are crazy drunk right now. Well, I'm not much. I'm driving us home and Hayley is laughing a lot, while I'm trying to focus on the road.

After a minute, my vision starts to get a little blurry and I start losing concentration, but I snap out of it when I see it starts to rain. I can barely see anything.

I frown in concern and say, worried "Hayley! I can't see a thing! This rain is pouring down hard!" And Hayley says "I can't see either." When I look ahead more I see car lights and I hear honking and crash. I have just hit a car.

I move my car another way, so I could stop hitting the other car. But my car ends up on the grass and we end up hitting the tree. I cough along with Hayley. I take off my seatbelt and kick the door open.

Then, I turn to Hayley and help her out. When that's done, I get out and then I help Hayley out. We end up getting soaking wet from the rain, but we don't care about the rain right now.

We go to the other car and I see a man and a woman. I open the door and I help the man out and he begs "No, please! My wife first!" And I say "We'll help you both. Hayley? Help her, please." She goes over to the woman's side.

After I help the man, he goes to Hayley and helps try to get his wife out, while I call 911. After I explain what's happened, they say "We're sending help right now!" I sigh with relief and say "Thank you!" Then I hang up and I feel something strange happening to me.

It feels like something's growing in my teeth and I fall to the ground, groaning in pain. I see Hayley look over at me and she looks at me in shock. She runs over to me and I ask, hysterical "Hayley, what's happening?" And she says, calmly "You're turning into a werewolf."

I gape and widen my eyes in shock and exclaim, incredulous "No, I can't be! If I am, that means-" I stop and look over to the man who's cradling his wife and Hayley does the same. Oh my God. I killed her. She's dead!

I start to cry hysterically, and Hayley puts her hand on my shoulder to comfort and calm me. Hayley demands, calmly "Stay here!" She goes over to the man and his wife, while I'm sitting here on my knees crying, while the rain pours down on me. Wetting my clothes, hair, and everything.

My tears are blending in with the rain on my face, while I'm thinking to myself over and over again: I killed her. I feel a huge amount of guilt right now and now I have to turn every full moon along with Hayley. Maybe this is what I deserve.

I hear sirens, but I don't move. I see the paramedics examine the woman. Once they realize she's dead, they gently lift the woman and put her in a black body bag, then onto a gurney.

I cry more hysterically when I see the woman's husband on the ground crying in devastation. The rain finally calms down and Hayley comes over to me and states "Act normal, okay? Just follow my lead and put your hair over your scar like me. If they see blood, they'll make us go to a hospital. We'll heal soon enough." I slowly nod my head and do as she says, as she helps me up.