Chapter 16: Confession

Gabby is on her way back to Mystic Falls to graduate high school... again. When she gets off the plane, she heads straight to the Mikaelson mansion. When she's there she showers and heads to her room to go to bed. Her phone rings and she looks at it and sees it's Damon. She rolls her eyes and presses ignore. She turns the light off and goes to sleep.

___________________

Gabby just woke up from her sleep. She gets out of bed and heads into the shower. When she's done, she gets dressed in her graduation outfit and her cap and gown for the graduation.

She drives to the school and when she's there, she goes to the back of the school where the graduation is being held

She drives to the school and when she's there, she goes to the back of the school where the graduation is being held. She goes and talks to her school friends. Christie says in excitement "I can't believe we're graduating!" Ariel says "Right! I can't believe this is happening. I'm so excited!"

Oliver says "Yeah, we're all going to college, finally. Me to Florida, Christie is going to Wilmington University, Ariel is going to California, and Gabby-" Gabby finishes his sentence "New Orleans." They gape and widen their eyes in shock as they ask "New Orleans?!" She nods her head.

Gabby looks to her left and sees Bonnie, Stefan, Matt, Caroline, and Elena talking and laughing while walking towards the graduation line. They stop when they see her and she sees they're relieved.

She rolls her eyes at them and says to her friends "Come on, let's go!" She walks to the line along with her friends. Gabby just remembered they have to be in the line in order by the last name, which means she will be near Stefan.

Gabby sees Stefan come over to her and she looks forward, not at him. He goes behind her and says "We need to talk." She ignores him. He asks "What's going on with Riley and the originals?" She definitely wasn't going to tell him that.

Stefan sighs and says "Gabby, you can't stay mad at us about this forever." She just keeps on ignoring him and he asks, firmly "Gabriella, what happened with the originals and Riley?" She's had enough.

Gabby snaps "Nothing that's any of your business." Stefan says in annoyance "I don't know how many times we can apologize." Gabby whispers yells "Apologize? You never apologized!" Stefan looks in deep thought about that, realizing she's right.

Gabby scoffs "And it's too late for apologies now. You have all lost me for good! After graduation, I'm out of here! Now, stop talking to me." Stefan was hurt by that, but Gabby didn't look back to see. She just kept looking ahead.

Fifty minutes later, the new Mayor-- Bonnie's father, says "And next, Gabriella Salvatore." Everyone including the students' clapped. She went up, got her diploma, and shook the Mayor's hand. She gets off the stage and sits next to Christie, Oliver, and Ariel.