Chapter 12: Betrayal

It's been two days since Kol talked to Riley and Gabby about Silas and Jacque. He and Gabby have been trying to get through to Jacque, but nothing. He refuses to budge when it comes to Silas. They're going to keep trying to convince him. Especially after yesterday.

Jacque compelled Damon to kill Jeremy, and now Klaus is heated angry and plans to dagger him. He just needs to get the last dagger from Rebekah. It also turns out, Bonnie put a protection spell on Shane, so he's not dead. He's still alive.

Gabby got pissed off at Elena because she made a plan to kill Jacque, but she convinced them that she and Kol will talk to him. She's close to Jacque like a friend. She doesn't want him to die, so she convinced Elena and her brothers that she can talk to Jacque. Or so she thought she did.

While Kol and Gabby were trying to find him, and Riley was there to help, they got a call from Jacque saying Elena and Jeremy were trying to kill him. They rushed to the Gilbert home and they saw Klaus there. Jacque must have contacted him as well.

When Klaus sees Riley, he gazes at her and she gazes at him. Kol and Gabby look between them. He looks towards Gabby in confusion and she gives him an I'll tell you later look.

All four of them start to walk to the door and they see it's open. Then they see Jacque catch on fire with the white oak stake in his heart. Gabby screams "NO!" She tries to run inside, but Riley holds her back. Gabby still tries, but Riley continues to hold her in comfort.

Gabby sobs "NO!" Riley looks up at Kol and Klaus. Her heart breaks as she sees them devastated and heartbroken. They watch with their eyes widen as their brother burns in front of them. Her heart breaks for all of them as they stare at Jacque's body. Riley notices that Jeremy sees them and she sees Elena turn around.

Riley glares at both of them and the three vampires look at them murderously. Gabby exclaims, murderously "What did you do?!" Elena makes excuses "We didn't have a choice. He was trying to cut off Jeremy's arm." Riley scoffs and Kol spats "lies!!"

Riley snaps in anger "He would not have gotten inside if you hadn't set a trap for him!" Elena looks to Klaus and says "You said you were gonna put him down too!" And Klaus shouts "I was going to make him suffer on MY TERMS!" The two Gilbert's remain calm at him yelling.

Klaus inhales and exhales deeply and says "I'm going to burn this house to the ground!" The two Gilbert's get nervous, and Kol spats "And before you try and flee for your lives, I'll kill you both without blinking!"

Jeremy tries "If you kill us, you'll never get to the cure. You'll never be able to make any more hybrids." All of them scoff, and Klaus spats "You really think I care about my bloody hybrids? I want the cure so I can destroy it! I would've killed you all the second we had dug it up, but now, I'm just going to watch you burn instead!"

They look nervous and Gabby glares at the Gilbert's. They look at her, thinking she's going to help them, but she says "Do it." They look at her in shock and fear. Gabby snaps "Kill them both! I don't give a damn about them anymore!" She walks away and before Riley follows after her, she gives Elena and Jeremy a glare.

Gabby vamp speeds to her house, and Riley wolf speeds after her. When they get there, Gabby storms into the house and upstairs into her room. She gets out two large suitcases, and she packs all of her clothing into her suitcases. She gets a box to put all of her items inside.

Riley asks, softly "Gabby?" Gabby freaks out and starts crying, as she breaks things in her room. Then she picks up a picture of her and Jeremy and she throws it to the ground, breaking it. Riley lets her get all of her anger out.

Next, she throws a picture of her and Elena to the floor. She throws all of her pictures to the floor that's of her and her former friends and so-called brothers. She drops to the ground "How could they? I thought they were my friends! I thought they cared about me!"