Chapter 15: Magical, Miracle Baby

In Mystic Falls

Stefan and Damon are discussing how they are going to get Elena to turn her emotions back on. Suddenly, Katherine pops up and says "Maybe I can provide a little excitement." The two Salvatore's turn towards her in shock and she's smirking at them.

Stefan asks "Katherine?" Katherine answers "The one and only. Well, sort of. So, when's the welcome home party?" She walks past them and pours herself a drink. Damon sneers "Wow! Look who went and got bold. Last time I checked, Klaus was plotting your eternal demise."

Katherine turns around with her drink in her hand and states, smugly "Well, it doesn't matter anymore because Klaus is gone." She struts past them, and Stefan asks in confusion "Wait! What do you mean he's gone?"

Katherine responds, happily and proudly "Let's just say that werewolf girl-- Riley, turned out to be just the thing we needed to get Klaus out of our lives... for good." Damon asks in shock and confusion "What?" Katherine nods her head. She finishes her drink and puts her cup down.

Katherine states "She left town a week ago with that other wolf girl, Hayley..." They nod their heads and shrug their shoulders "Also, I heard Gabby went with them." They turn towards her and Stefan says, in denial "No, she wouldn't have left without saying goodbye."

Katherine fake pouts and states "Oh well, it's true. After the crappy way you guys treated her, it's going to take her a LONG time to forgive you." The Salvatore brothers glare at her and she smirks at them.

Damon says "Wait! She went with them?" Katherine nods her head. Stefan asks "And you say Riley is the reason Klaus is gone for good?" Katherine just keeps nodding her head and he continues "Well, what's going on? How is she the reason Klaus is gone? How will Gabby be caught in it?" Katherine shrugs "Who knows! I'm sure she'll be fine."

Katherine walks up the steps then stops and turns towards them "Then again, what's going on with Klaus is pretty big, so... she probably won't be. See you later." She smirks at them and vamp speeds away. Stefan and Damon look worried. Damon demands "Call her until she picks up!"

Stefan walks away to call her. Damon understands that his sister hates all of them right now, but he still wants to make sure she is okay. He doesn't want her to get caught in the crossfire of what is going on with Riley and the originals.

New Orleans

Riley, Hayley, and Gabby are at a restaurant called Rousseau's. The waitress Jane-Anne walks over and says "This is the third time this week you guys have been here." Gabby and Hayley laugh as Riley replies "We're obsessed with the gumbo, Jane-Anne." Gabby adds in "Correction, Riley has been obsessed with the gumbo way more than us."

Jane-Anne smiles at them as Riley playfully nudges Gabby, although she knows she's right. Riley's noticed that she has been eating more than usual lately. Jane-Anne responds "The old ladies in the ninth ward say my sister bleeds a piece of her soul into every dish."

Gabby chuckles and changes the subject "We asked around the Quarter about our family. Nothing. Zero." Hayley states in disappointment "We can't find a single person who remembers them." Jane-Anne says "That's because people like you guys were chased out of here years ago."

The three wolves look up at her in shock. Riley asks in confusion "What do you mean people like us?" Jane-Anne comes from behind the counter and over to them. She says "In the Bayou they call the werewolves roux-ga-roux. You guys head that way, you'll find what you're looking for."

Jane-Anne gives them the map and they look at it. She warns them "Be careful. It's the last place you'd ever want to go." The three female wolves look at her thankfully and then leave to find the place. Riley feels a little sting in her head, but she ignores it. It was like someone ripped a piece of her hair out.