Chapter 14: To New Orleans

It's been three days since Klaus and Kol were locked in the Gilbert's living room and now they're free. Jeremy died on the island because Katherine followed them and pretended to be Elena and fed him to Silas-- who drank his entire blood and snapped his neck. She took the cure with her and ran as soon as Silas started to wake up.

Because of Jeremy's death, Elena started to lose control. So, Damon used the sire-bond and made her turn her humanity off. As a result of that, she burned her house to the ground along with Jeremy's body.

Everyone tried to call Gabby and tell her, but she ignored all of them. She and Jeremy were best friends. She had his back when he was going through his emo and bad boy phase. He was the one that came up with her nickname Gabby. Everyone used to call her Gabriella, but then Jeremy started calling her Gabby, so everyone started to as well.

Gabby found out yesterday what happened to Jeremy and Elena, but she decided to leave it be. As much as she does feel bad about what happened to Elena and Jeremy, she at the same time feels like they got what they deserved. Although Jeremy dying made her feel sad, she wasn't going to show it. When she found out, she ended up crying herself to sleep, secretly.

Now, Hayley is looking around waiting for Riley, Klaus, and Gabby to show up. She goes between two trucks because she hears something. She then jumps in fright and looks around when she hears a noise again.

When she turns around, she sees a vampire there flashing his fangs at her. He vamp-speeds up to her and grabs her by her neck. He starts choking her and she tries to gasp for air, but can't. The vampire then throws her onto the ground.

Just when he's about to attack her, he hears a voice yell "GET AWAY FROM HER!" He turns around and sees Riley there. He goes to attack her and she attacks him back, fighting him off as much as she can.

He grabs Riley by her neck and pushes her against the truck. Riley squeaks out "Hayley! Run!" Hayley ignores her demand and gets up. She gets her wolf claws out and scratches his back, making him scream out in pain.

Klaus and Gabby show up. Gabby grabs him by his throat and taunts "Now, now, have care, sir. That's no way to treat a lady!" Gabby shows her hybrid face and she bites into his neck and he screams in pain. When she feels she's halfway to his throat, she gets her fangs out of his neck and throws him against the truck.

Klaus goes to Riley and asks in concern "Are you okay?" She nods her head and Hayley states in appreciation "I'm glad you all came." Riley smiles at Hayley while getting up. She says "You know I'd come." Gabby states "Same." The three female wolves smile at each other.

Klaus states, smugly "Plus, you did say it was urgent." The vampire gets up and vamp-speeds away. Hayley and Riley look worried and Klaus reassures them "Oh, don't worry about him, love." Gabby agrees "Yeah, he'll never make it through tomorrow night."

Hayley asks in concern "What if there's more?" And Klaus responds "You were foolish enough to make a deal with Katerina Petrova." Riley rolls her eyes at that statement and Gabby states "She used you to find the cure and now? She sees you as nothing but a loose end."

Klaus hums in agreement and replies "Exactly. You'll be lucky if she lets you live." Hayley states "You said you would protect me." Klaus nods and promises "And I will. As soon as you tell me everything you know about Katerina."

____________________________

Riley is sitting in the Mikaelson home watching TV when Klaus comes in and sits next to her. She looks at him and smiles as she says "Thank you, for helping Hayley." He smiles back and responds "Anything for you... and to find Katerina." She chuckles and goes back to watching TV.