Chapter 33: Save Our Daughter

Klaus is heading towards St. Anne's church in search of Riley. He can hear her desperate and painful screams, which is only fueling his anger more. He's almost there when two female witches come out of the shadows and use their magic on him, giving him a brain aneurysm, causing him to fall on his knees and scream out in pain.

Suddenly, he hears two snaps and his pain stops. He sees the two witches dead with broken necks. When he looks up, he sees a angry and distressed Hayley standing there. She asks angrily and worried "where is Riley?"

Riley's POV
I'm in my little girl's nursery room, thinking about the day she will be born. Kol and Gabby will be together and will be the aunt and uncle that spoils her. Hayley will be with Jackson and she will be her Godmother. Jeremy will be her Godfather. He helped me out many times with my pregnancy while he was here. He would make a great Godfather.

The only thing that's unclear to me for right now, is who I'll be with. Nik or Elijah? I'm interrupted out of my thoughts by hearing a familiar voice ask "what has you in deep thought?" I turn to see Nik there looking at me intrigued. I answer "just thinking about the day our daughter is born. What life will be like while she's growing up."

He smiles at me and comes inside and stands next to me. We're in front of the crib. He says "you know she'll look like you. She'll have your personality too." I say "I know she'll have your greenish-blue eyes and your hair." We laugh together. I stop when I feel the baby kick.

I put my hand on my stomach and say "whoa! Wow!" Nik stops laughing and looks at me with concern and asks "what's wrong? Is our littlest wolf okay?" And I say smiling "never better" he looks at me curiously and I say "put your hand on my stomach" he looks baffled and nervous.

I say "it's okay, Nik. Come on" I take his hand and move it to my stomach and he moves his hand onto my baby bump. I feel the baby kick again and he looks surprised and shocked by it. I ask "you felt that?" And he says smiling "I did" and I say "that's because she knows you are her daddy. She's kicking because she's happy."

He smiles brighter and says "well, now we definitely know she'll have your personality" I laugh along with him and I playfully shove him. I say "I can't wait till she's born" and he says "neither can I, little wolf" he wraps his arm around my waist and I smile at him and he smiles back.

Now, we're lost in each other's eyes. We pull out of our gaze and he says "I guess I'll leave you two alone, love" I nod my head and he walks out. I sigh and walk over to the long couch chair and just sit down on it, close my eyes, put my hand on my baby bump, and rest.

Suddenly, I'm interrupted out of my thoughts hearing Genevieve say "Riley? Please, stay with us." Now, I'm back at the church. I was thinking back to the conversation Nik and I had two days ago. I was now lying on a table and the contractions was getting worse. I was trying to stay awake, but I barely could. I was trying to get away from the witches, but they kept holding me down. Genevieve says "please Riley, you have to stay calm" and I exclaim "let go of me, you little bitch!" Genevieve says "you may not believe me, but I am sorry it has to be like this." I keep trying to break free from them, but nothing. Suddenly, the doors open and I see Hayley and Nik there and I felt so relieved. They charge forward to get me and kill every witch in their sights except Genevieve, Monique, and the other harvest girl-- who were near me. Nik screams "GET AWAY FROM HER! OR I SWEAR I WILL KILL YOU ALL!" Hayley and Nik try to reach me, but the harvest witches used their magic to lift him and pin him against the wall. I look to him and he mirrors my look. I look and see Hayley attack the blonde harvest girl and Monique gives her a brain aneurysm, making her scream in pain. That made me fuel with anger. My eyes turn amber gold and I knock my head against Genevieve making her fall to the ground. I get up and hit Monique over the head with my bare fist and she falls to the ground. I go over to Hayley and she looks up at me and growls "Genevieve!" And I ask "what? No! It's me, Riley!" I look over and see Genevieve chanting something. Before I could attack her, Hayley attacks me biting my neck, thinking I am Genevieve. I scream out in pain. Nik yells "HAYLEY, SNAP OUT OF IT!" Genevieve stops chanting and Hayley lets me go, realizing I'm me. She says "oh my God! Riley, I'm so sorry!" The blonde harvest girl holds her in a head lock and I scream "LET GO OF HER YOU BITCH!" Monique and Genevieve grab me by my arm and put me back on the table forcefully. Monique puts a cover over my legs and Genevieve says looking at Nik and preparing for the birth of my daughter "you have to know, this brings me no joy. I promise I'll make it quick. Let's begin." A few minutes later, I feel the need to push even though I don't want to. My whole body was pushing itself. This was not how I wanted this to be. I'm suppose to be laying in bed while crushing Nik's hand. I scream out in agony again and I can hear Nik screaming something, but I can't make out what it is. Genevieve tells me "the baby's almost here, one more push" I sob "no! No!" Monique says to us "I can see the baby" and Genevieve says "one more push, Riley. Gently! Gently!" I hold onto the table and I push one more time as I scream in agony. I feel someone hold my hand and I don't care who it is, I hold onto their hand. Genevieve says "there! It's done. The baby is here" I collapse down on the table, inhaling and exhaling. I look to my right to see who was holding my hand and I see no one there. What the hell? Who was holding my hand? Hearing my daughter's soft cries made me get out of my thoughts. Looking at her and hearing her, warmed my heart. This was my daughter. My child. Mine and Nik's child. We created this beautiful baby girl. Genevieve cuts the umbilical cord and takes my baby into her arms, wrapped in a blanket. It made me angry that she was holding her. Genevieve says to both of us, but looked at Nik-- who was still pinned against the wall, "you have a beautiful baby girl" I look to Hayley who is smiling too, while still being held by the blonde harvest girl. Genevieve says "we have to start the sacrifice as soon as the moon sets with the morning sky" no! I don't want to lose her. I need to hold her. I say "no, please! Just let me hold her, please." Genevieve shows me a small smile and gives me my daughter. As soon as she is in my arms, she stops crying. Like she knows I am her mother. She snuggles into my arms and opens her eyes and I look into her eyes and I see her little lips turn into a smile. I knew she would have Klaus' color eyes. Bluish-green. I smile brightly and I look to Hayley who is smiling as much as I am. I say "hi baby. I love you so much" I turn to Nik and I say still smiling "I told you she'd have your eyes, Nik" he smiles at me and our daughter. Me and him lock eyes and I feel like it is just me, him, our daughter, and Hayley. I found it hard to look away from him, but I was forced to look away when someone grabbed my hair pulling my head back and I felt a sting across my neck. I was suddenly unable to speak. I hear Hayley and Nik scream their lungs out. I had trouble breathing and I see blood pouring out of my neck. I see Hayley fighting off the harvest girl and Monique sneak up behind her and slit her throat. I scream in my head NO! I couldn't speak. I wanted to yell so badly, but I heard Nik screaming enough for the both of us. The last thing I saw before I fell into darkness was Hayley falling to the ground, my daughter being taken out of my arms while crying herself, and Nik, the man I love.