Chapter 32: My Pack

~Five Days Later~

Riley's POV
After I showered, I met up with Gabby in the hallway. I say "hey. What's going on?" And she says "Michael, Oliver, and Jackson should be here with the stones any minute now. After tonight, Hayley, you, and our people will be free from the curse." I smile and say "I can't wait" we hear a voice say "well, look who's all chipper" Gabby turns around and sees Kol there with a smirk on his face, but I can see the anger in his eyes about Michael coming. He says, snidely "nice outfit, Gabby. Trying to get your boyfriend's attention are you?" She glares at him and says "I'm not doing this with you, Kol. You haven't spoken to me since I stepped foot into this house. When you're ready to have a real conversation with me, then come talk to me, but until then, leave me the hell alone."

She walks towards the dining room with me behind her and we hear voices in there

She walks towards the dining room with me behind her and we hear voices in there. It's Nik and Genevieve. The witch bitch says "your mother's spell is as complicated as it is elegant. She was a very gifted and talented witch." Nik asks "is this the bit here?" And Genevieve says "like I said it's complicated. She bounded protection magic to black kyanite stones. A werewolf with these stones are free from turning on a full moon." Nik asks "and what about the improvements?" And she says "this spell will enhance ability, strength, and speed." Nik asks "is there anything about fangs? That's the spell my mother used to turn us into vampires." She says "not just fangs. You said you want venom, so their bite is still lethal to vampires.. Well, here it is. This should make a perfect gift. I'm sure Hayley and Riley will be thrilled." Nik says "not just Hayley and Riley. I need you to make quite a few of these. Say about an even hundred." Genevieve says "that's not the deal I made with your brother" and Nik says "well, you're dealing with me now and I can give you so much more than you think." Genevieve says "oh please! Just because I sleep with your brother, doesn't mean that I'm going to do anything or everything you want me to do for you." Gabby looks like she's about tear up and speed up to Genevieve and rip her head off. I wrap my arms around her, comforting her. I don't trust Genevieve. Jacque told me that my enemy could be right under my nose, well, she is and she's being too nice. Yes, she saved my life, but why? What's in it for her? I get interrupted out of my thoughts hearing Nik say "it's because you sleep with my brother, I'll protect you from those who might do you harm. Including Elijah-" she interrupts him "and what about Gabby?" Gabby smirks to herself while I try to hold in my laughter. He says "well, if you do these rings for me, she won't do anything to you. You're helping her pack. She'll be grateful towards you instead of murderous. If you do this, I'll reward you, very greatly. Let's just say, I'm prepared to offer you something more than my protection." Genevieve asks, curiously "such as?" And Nik says "my mother's grimoire..." Gabby and I look at him like he has two heads. Is he out of his damn mind? "you see, Elijah offers you a mere peek at the pages, but I will grant you the whole grimoire as a gift. If you pledge your loyalty to me, starting with the creation of the rings." Genevieve says "this was your plan all along. You're creating a werewolf army and you're using me to do it." Nik says "Genevieve, I'm not the enemy and neither are the wolves. Your abusive coven expects you to sacrifice yourself for the last harvest girl. Do me this favor and you will not feel the need to fear anyone again." Gabby and I roll our eyes and walk away from the dining room and to the living room. When we get there, we see a distressed looking Hayley. She gets up from the couch and comes up to us and says "Jackson, Michael, and Oliver aren't here with the stones yet. They should have been here by now." Gabby exclaims "what?!" I look and see both Kol and Elijah there by the window. I look to Elijah and he smiles lightly and I smile back. I need to choose between them soon. I ask "so, you think they're both missing?" I can feel Elijah's eyes on me. Hayley explains "yes, they were suppose to be back with the stones by dawn, like they said they would. And I haven't heard anything from them since yesterday." Gabby and I both share a worried look and Elijah says "we'll find them. I'll call Niklaus." He dials his number and puts him on speaker phone. Nik answers "yes brother, why are you calling?" And Elijah says "it's seems like the wolves have gone astray, brother" Hayley and Gabby blurt out worried in unison "they should have been back by now" I see Kol roll his eyes. Elijah says "we need to find them" and Nik says "well, that might be a little tricky. We've located their car on the back road in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they have been shanghaied." Elijah asks "and you didn't feel the need to share this information with us?" Nik says "well, it was my intention to present you with the problem only after I found an appropriate solution." Gabby says with haste "well, please, enlighten us." Nik says "I'm closing in on it as we speak. The only person I know that's bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose." Elijah and Gabby say lowly and murderously "Marcel" and I exclaim "no! He will kill them!" Nik says "Genevieve assures me that Marcel is using a cloaking spell. The only witch who will aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last piece of leverage before I pay her a visit." I say "Nik, don't hurt, Davina" and Gabby says "please" and he says "don't worry girls. I do not plan to hurt the little witch." Then Nik hung up the phone. Kol says "I guess now, we wait" Elijah and Kol tense up and I ask "what?" And Elijah says "it appears we have company." Then Greg speeds up with Gage in his arms and he says "relax, it's just us" Elijah and Kol calm down more. Gabby asks "what are you guys doing here?" Gage says "Oliver, Michael, and Jackson told us, they'd let us know when they were here and when we didn't hear back from them, we knew something was wrong. So we came here." Greg asks "so, what's going on? Where are they?"