Chapter 22: Taken

Klaus' POV
I can't believe this! Riley is gone! When I got home tonight, I knew Marcel was here at the house. I could sense it. Hayley woke up by my tantrum and wanted to help us find her best friend and I don't blame her.

I argue "You stay here, Hayley. Riley would kill me if I let something happen to you." Hayley argued back "If you expect me to just stay here and do nothing, you're hopelessly wrong. I can defend myself and Riley's not only my best friend, she's my sister and she's the only family I have!" She yelled that last part taking me, Elijah, and Kol by surprise.

I say still taken back by her tone "Okay, I get that, but-" I get interrupted by hearing my sister's voice "She can come with me and help me." She, Hayley, Riley, and Gabby have all became very close.

I ask "Rebekah? I have to say little sister, I wasn't expecting see you again. Not for a long time at least." She shoots me a glare and says with attitude "Both Riley and that baby mean a lot to me. Of course I came back."

Hayley decides she will stay with Rebekah, but not long after, she threatened me that if anything happens to Riley she would make my life a living hell.

____________________

Elijah, Kol, Gabby, and I went to the Compound to confront Marcel. We could hear him having some kind of contest in the Courtyard. We heard cheering and yelling, someone was fighting.

In some other time, I would have enjoyed this, but right now, all I could think about was saving the two most important people in my life. Riley and our child. I needed them. I especially needed Riley.

After hearing her voicemail to me from tonight, I felt horrible. I let her down. When I get her back, I will fix it.

I vamp speed forward and break the girl's -that was fighting- neck. Everything went silent and all eyes were on me. I announce "Good evening. I'd like a word." Marcel asks "What are you doing here?"

Elijah, Gabriella, and Kol walk towards me out of the crowd. Kol answers in disgust "Well, it appears we've interrupted the collection of filthy amateurs." The way he said it made me and Elijah smirk, and Gabby smile.

Gabby then turns serious as she demands "We've come here for the girl. Give her to us or we kill everyone here, starting with you." Elijah, Kol, and I nod our heads agreeing with her.

Marcel says "You guys got a lot of nerve coming here to my home and making demands." I spat at him "Your home is it?!" Gabby comes over to me and puts her hand on my shoulder to calm me down and it was working a little.

Elijah raises his voice "The girl! We will not ask again!" It concerns me how fond my brother has become of Riley, but I'm not thinking about that right now. Marcel asks "I assume you're talking about Riley? About this high? Brunette? Bitchy attitude? What is she to you anyway?" That all sounded like my Riley.

I half answer in anger "Well, she means something to me. You know how sentimental I am about old friends." I couldn't risk telling Marcel she is a girl I have fallen in love with, he would try and use her against me.

Marcel says "Well, I ain't got her and before you start whining, I did pay her a visit earlier tonight. I was feeling a little nostalgic. So, I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave... and imagine my surprise when I found out that the Mikaelson family had taken up residence. Your girl Riley answered the door, we exchanged hello's, had a quick conversation, and... that was it." Gabby and I share a look. We didn't know what to think. Could he be telling the truth?

Marcel continues "If you don't believe me, look around. Hell! I'll even help you find her, but the question that I'd ask is: If Riley isn't here... then where is she?" I look at the others and I could see they were thinking the same thing as me. Where is she? Most importantly who has Taken her?