Chapter 29: Saving Family

Riley's POV
We finally made it to the Bayou. We all got out and Hayley went to get Celeste's body out of the trunk. She says "hey boys! Could you help me out?" Stefan, Damon, and Jeremy went to help her get Celeste's body out. Then they put her against a tree and tie her up to it.

Gabby and I just stand there watching and I was in deep thought. I can't believe everything that went down tonight. I can't believe Rebekah would do something like that to her family... To Nik.

Then Eve, Gage, Tanya, and Marigold approach us and Gabby and I say softly "hi." They smile at us and Tanya walks over to me and rubs my back. Without any warning, I wrap my arms around her neck and hug her crying on her shoulder and she hugs me back still rubbing my back. It felt very comforting. I see Gabby started doing the same and Gage is comforting her.

The wolves come out of the clearing making us pull away along with Gage and Gabby. Hayley, Stefan, Damon, and Jeremy walk over to us and look at them. I can see in Hayley's eyes she really wants to meet them in their human forms.

Gabby and I walk next to Hayley and we see the biggest wolf step up and we smile at him because we know it's Jackson. I say "hey Jack. Hayley, this is Jackson" she looks at him and he looks back to her.

Gabby says "and guys, these guys are my brothers Damon and Stefan, you met them at the party. They're vampires, but I assure you, they mean no one here harm, they're good guys. Along with my best friend, Jeremy." They wave at the wolves and the wolves start to relax a little.

One of the wolves step up and walk in front of me and I look at him. I feel like I know him. Tanya and Marigold walk next to me and Tanya says "hello, my sweet boy" I look at her in confusion and Marigold says "that's my brother, Michael."

Oh, I remember Jackson mentioning him to me at the party. I wave at him and he nods at me. I say "as much as I would really love to stay and meet everyone, I would really like some sleep." Hayley says "me too. It's been an insane day and I would really like to sleep this day away."

Tanya shows us the Trailer we will be sleeping in. The girls and I have our Trailer and the boys have theirs. Gabby got top bunk, Hayley got bottom and I have the one by the window.

The boys came to visit us and me, Hayley, and Gabby's phone started to ring with calls from Elijah and Kol. We all decide to ignore it. Hayley says "for tonight, let's just let our phones ring silently."

We all put our phones on silent and lay down except the boys. I look to Gabby and she looks distracted, so I ask her "what are you thinking about, Gabby?" She looks to me then around and sees everyone looking at her curiously too.

She sighs and says "everything these past few months have been crazy and intense. I totally forgot to tell Kol about the whole Jacque thing.." we look at her with realization because that's so true. Things have been crazy these past few months. Not a surprise she forgot about it. "I want to tell him soon, but with this whole thing going on with Rebekah, is it the right time?" And I say "maybe not right now, but most definitely tell him soon."

Gabby nods her head and the boys are about to go back to their Trailer. I say stopping them "wait! Why did you guys come here? I know why Jeremy did, but what made you guys want to?" They sit back down and Stefan says "it was originally suppose to be only me, but Damon and Elena are as of now on break."

We look at them surprised and Damon tells us about Augustine. A group of humans that experiment on vampires. They cut open their stomach and look at their insides and just do all kinds of surgical experiments on them. He went through all that in the 50's for three years.

Gabby is angry that he didn't tell her or Stefan. Damon says "well, I killed all the members of it including the leader Dr. Maxfield and apparently he was the only family a friend of Elena's had. His name's Aaron. So, Elena and I both agreed that we were toxic together and that we just needed time apart. So, she's there finishing her college future and I'm here to help my little sister in anyway I can along with Stefan."