Chapter 26: Forgive... Not Forget

A/N: There will be some Bulgarian language in here. Sorry if it's wrong, I'm new to it and I found it on google.

Gabby, Klaus, and Rebekah are back in Mystic Falls to see Katherine, who is right now, close to death. Klaus and Rebekah want to gloat. Gabby wants to make sure she goes in peace. The day after everyone came back from the cure hunt, she saw Katherine and they had a heart to heart.

Flashback
Gabby is walking around Mystic Falls, thinking back to when her and her brothers were normal and human. Their lives were just fine. She goes and sits on a bench, as she's looking at the river to the left.

She then hears a Woosh and feels a gust of wind next to her. She already knows who the vampire sitting next to her is. She asks "What do you want you psychotic bitch?" And Katherine responds "Ouch, that hurt. I was just coming to check up on you... I heard what your brother's, Jeremy, and Elena did. I'm sorry about Jacque."

Gabby turns to her and Katherine continues "I warned you... I warned you that Elena would turn on you." Gabby says, snidely "Like you did." Katherine says, while shaking her head "I never turned on you. I just fell in love with both of your brothers and they at one point loved me back. They died for me, like you died for them. I know you may not believe me, but I do care about you. Just because you hate me, doesn't mean I hate you."

Gabby is looking at her, trying to see if she's lying, but she -surprisingly- doesn't see any lies. Katherine says "I never would have hurt you like Elena did. I never would have had your brothers agree to do something like that. You were the sister I never had. We were like the 1860's Thelma and Louise, remember?" They laugh together.

Gabby asks "We were, weren't we?" Katherine nods her head. Gabby responds in a hurt tone "I just can't believe my brothers let her go through with it. I told all of them I would take care of it, even Jeremy. He was my best friend... but no, they had to kill Jacque and his entire bloodline, so stupid-poor-pathetic-helpless Elena can go back to her normal-pathetic life." Her voice was cracking when she said that and she was on the verge to tears.

Katherine says "I know, but I wouldn't worry about her for long. She will soon feel the pain you're feeling." Gabby looks at her in confusion and asks "How?" Katherine smirks at her "Don't worry, you'll find out."

Gabby raises her eyebrows at her and Katherine says while getting up "See ya, old friend." She vamp speeds away, leaving a confused Gabby. What did she mean? Gabby thought.
End of Flashback

Two days later, she found out what she meant. She put it all together. Rebekah and Klaus went their own way, now it's just her. About to face her former friends and brothers to see Katherine.

Klaus filled her in on what Damon told him-- which is, Katherine was dying because she was force fed the cure by Elena and then had it all sucked out of her by Silas because Damon fed her to him, now she's dying of old age.

Honestly, Gabby wants to do this to take her mind off of what happened to Davina. The sweet girl that wormed her way into her heart in a matter of days. The teenage girl she thought of like a daughter.

Gabby is now at the Salvatore Boarding House and she is dreading walking through that door. Her heart is beating out of her chest, her breath is starting to become uneven. She gets to the door and she puts her hand near the doorknob, debating whether to turn it or not.

She inhales then exhales deeply, and she puts her hand on the knob and turns it and opens it. She tries to be discreet for a minute and see what's going on. She hears Bonnie say "My grams died opening a tomb she wasn't in." Caroline says "She's the reason Tyler triggered his werewolf curse."