Chapter 19: Doctor's Ambush

Riley's POV
Well, I just learned that Klaus killed Kayla -the witch that turned me in- so he could earn Marcel's trust and he would give Elijah back. Bekah is mad at him because while Kayla was doing a spell to try and kill Marcel, Sophie was doing a small spell to find Elijah, and when Klaus killed Kayla, she was forced to stop. A lot went down yesterday.

I'm walking downstairs and I hear Klaus talking to Marcel's blonde bartender friend, Cami. I walk closer by and Cami says "Okay! What are we writing?" And Klaus says "My memoirs of course. Someone should know my story and it will give us time to discuss different topics. Such as your relationship with your handsome suitor, Marcel." Of course.

She crosses her arms and says with sass "Excuse me, but my private life is none of your bus-" Klaus interrupts her, bluntly "Your private life is essential to my plans. You see, Marcel likes you and because he likes you, he will trust you, which serves me."

He gets up from his seat and walks by the couch as he continues "On one side there's me and on the other side there is Marcel, a very powerful witch, and an army of vampires." I think sarcastically: Geez Klaus, scare the poor girl. She exclaims in confusion and fright "What?!"

Klaus vamp speeds her against the wall and says "You're afraid. Don't be!" He compels her. He lets her go and she is starting to relax. Cami says "I'm not afraid anymore! That's amazing, how did you do-?" He interrupts her "It's called compulsion. It's a neat vampire trick."

I come into the room and lean against the wall "Klaus?" He looks towards me and smiles and I smile back. He looks to Cami, telling her to leave us. She walks out and Klaus asks "Riley, what is it you need, love?" And I say in excitement "Tonight's the Annual Dauphin Street Music Festival."

Klaus trails off while raising his eyebrow "And...?" I demand "I wanna go!" He scoffs and I beg him "Please!" He says in a firm tone "Absolutely not, sweetheart." I say "But-" he interrupts me "No buts. I have told you many times, love, werewolves are not allowed in the Quarter."

I try "But I'll be with you. They wouldn't be dumb enough to actually try and harm the girl that is under the protection of Klaus Mikaelson; the 1,000-year-old hybrid, the big bad wolf, a crazy sociopath with a criminal record that lasts a thousand years." He laughs and looks down, shaking his head. Then he looks back up to me.

Klaus sighs "I would really love that sweetheart, but we can't. I have a plan to take down Marcel and I can't risk you or our daughter getting hurt. I need you and Hayley to stay inside. Marcel still doesn't know about the baby and I'd like to keep it that way." I scoff and turn around.

After a minute, I face him again and ask "So what? I'm supposed to be a prisoner and do nothing but sit around?" He doesn't respond and I mutter "Right!" I turn around to walk away, but he vamp speeds in front of me and says "I hate that it has to be this way as much as you do, sweetheart. But, I can't risk anything happening to you or our child. I would never forgive myself if I let something happen to you... I couldn't handle it if I lost you."

I sigh and look at him in understanding. He steps closer to me and puts his hand on my cheek and kisses my forehead. When he pulls away, I smile at him lightly and walk out of the room and to my room for a while.

___________________

I say to Agnes while turning the page in the book I'm reading "I can assure you I'm feeling just fine, Agnes." I'm in the living room with Gabby, Hayley, Rebekah, and Agnes. She wants me to get a check-up for my pregnancy.