Chapter 24: Your Day

A/N: Hi guys, I hope you're enjoying the story, I just want to point out, the chapters will be getting a little longer from here on. Enjoy the chapter.

Riley's POV
It's been over 24 hours since what happened between Nik and his siblings. Nik called us all down to have dinner with him and his vampires. When I walk downstairs, I go to the dining area and I see everyone there.

Hayley, Kol, Nik, and Gabby are there, and they see me. Gabby and Hayley run to me and hug me and I hug them back. They have been hugging me so much today and I've never questioned it till now.

I ask in curiosity "What's with the hugs?" They pull away from me and look at me in shock and disbelief along with Nik. I look at them in confusion and ask, curious "What?" Gabby shakes her head in disbelief "I can't believe you don't remember."

I ask "Remember what, exactly?" Nik comes over and trails off "Tomorrow..." I look at him and ask "And tomorrow is...?" Hayley huffs and I ask "What?!" Nik's about to tell me, but Hayley says "Don't tell her. She'll know tomorrow." Everyone including Nik goes to sit down.

I whine "Hey!" They ignore me and I huff and say while walking to my seat at the end of the table "Fine! I don't see what the big deal is!" I sit down. All the vampires-- Marcel included, walk over and sit down. Gabby is sitting on my left and Hayley is sitting on my right, Kol is next to Gabby.

Nik walks to the end of the table across from me, and he smiles at me and I smile back lightly, not fully. I'm still mad at him and the others for not telling me what tomorrow is. What is tomorrow? I'm trying to think.

Nik stands up from his seat and toasts "Let us begin with a toast. To our shared gift of immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt for its beauties and its sorrows to diminish with time. But as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans can possibly imagine." He called over the waiters.

I don't like where he's going with this and I can see Gabby and Hayley don't either. Nik continues "Insatiable needs, exquisite pain." The waiters walk up to each vampire, including Gabby, and slice their wrists open allowing their blood to fall into the glasses.

Nik continues "Our victories and defeats to my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow." The waiters leave and Marcel raises his glass "And the party never end!" Everyone says at once, raising their glasses "To New Orleans."

Nik continues, while looking pleased "I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the sudden change of leadership. I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No, my intentions are to move forward and celebrate what we have. What Marcel in fact took and built into this."

Diego asks "What about her? The wolf and her little wolf friend?" Hayley and I glare at him. We really don't like him. I really want to hurt him. We look away from him as Nik responds, walking over to me, probably sensing my anger towards Diego "If you'd let me finish Diego, you would know there is-- of course, one more matter I would like to address. As many of you know, Riley is carrying my child and she is a very dear friend of mine. I trust all of you to pay her the respect she deserves and that includes her best friend, Hayley. If you harm either of them, it will be the end of you. I understand that some of you are concerned about the vicious rumor, that I intend to use the blood of our child to create hybrids. I assure all of you, I do not."

He puts both of his hands on each of my shoulders. I knew he was telling the truth, but I couldn't help but to say "Father of the year." I chuckle a little along with Hayley, Gabby, and Kol, whilst Nik playfully rolls his eyes. No one said anything about his statement regarding our child.