Chapter 20: A Spirit Quest

Riley's POV
I have just finished eating my breakfast; I had Belgian waffles with whip cream and strawberries on top and syrup, with eggs and bacon, and orange juice. After what happened yesterday, Hayley made it clear she was going to go everywhere with me, no matter what I would say.

Hayley and I walk into the living room and we see Klaus is back with Sophie; he then throws her onto the couch chair. Oh no. He shouts in fury "We had a deal! You protect Riley and our unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. Whilst I was busy keeping my end of the bargain, you allowed Riley to be attacked and nearly killed by a group of lunatic witches."

Klaus sits down on the couch and I sit down next to him to calm him down, and Hayley sits next to me. Sophie defends herself "I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Riley and I are linked. If she dies, I die." Gabby demands "Then who were they?"

Sophie explains "They're a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about a vision she had about the baby." I just realized something. That explains why she was chanting like she did that night when I found out Klaus and I were having a girl. Hayley gives me a look, realizing it too.

Kol asks "What kind of vision?" And Sophie explains "She has them all the time, they are always open to interpretation. I think she is most definitely wrong on this one." I ask in curiosity "What was the vision about? What did she see?" Sophie answers "Pretty much, that your baby would bring death to all witches."

I gasp in shock and Klaus says with a smug smile on his face "Well, I grow fonder of this child by the second." I glare at him and hit him on his shoulder. I look back to Sophie and Rebekah says "Sophie, I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson baby, Riley, and Hayley while he tries to win Davina's loyalty. So please, just tell me how extreme this faction is."

Sophie looks at Rebekah in shock and asks "Elijah's talking to Davina?" And Gabby says "As we speak, I believe." Sophie sighs "I guess, she'll have a lot to say about that crowd." Klaus sits back and says "Do tell." Sophie sighs "I wasn't always on board with witches. My sister was devoted like my parents and our upbringing was completely strict, which got on my nerves. As soon as I turned 21, I left the Quarter and I traveled and played. But I wanted to be a chef, so I came back to Rousseau's. That was when Jane-Anne told me about the harvest."

Gabby asks "What the bloody hell is a harvest?" And Sophie answers "It is a ritual our coven does every three centuries, so that the bond in our magic is restored. We please our ancestors, they keep our powers flowing. Barely anyone has heard of it because the harvest always seemed like a myth, a story passed down through generations like: Buddha walking on water. The kind some people take literally and some people don't. They had the girls in our community preparing for months. Four would be chosen for the harvest. They said it was an honor, that they were special. I thought it was a myth." I am really getting into this story.

I ask, curious "Was it?" Klaus' phone rings and he gets up to answer it. I just tune him out and start thinking about what happened at the Bayou. I talked to Gabby and Hayley about it and we all agree that whoever the wolf is will lead us to our pack. Our family. The wolf might even be both.

I get out of my thoughts when I hear Klaus ask still on the phone "Dead witches in the Bayou? Sounds less like a problem and more like a celebration." I listen attentively to Klaus, but I still can't hear Marcel. Man I wish I had vamp hearing.

Klaus says "Oh, why not? I haven't been in the Bayou in ages. I'm on my way." He hangs up and Sophie states "You can't go out there now. I need to gather the witches remains and consecrate them. If I don't get to them before sundown, we lose the link to their magic."

Klaus says "Those witches tried to kill Riley. I prefer Marcel's informant not to find anything that will lead back to us, to her, or our baby." I roll my eyes at him and Hayley says in sarcasm "You are all class."