Chapter 9: Enjoy the Night!

~Friday~

Cory and Topanga are in the car driving home from Dave and Busters. Lucas, Maya, Auggie, Farkle, Smackle, and Zay are with them. They are driving past Hayley and Riley's place, so Auggie says "Look, it's Riley's place. We should go say, Hi."

Topanga responds in disapproval "I don't know, Auggie." Auggie begs "I know you are still upset with her, but it's been a long time since we've heard from her. Let's just check on her."

Cory sighs "I guess." He pulls over and all of them get out and go to the door. Maya knocks, and all of them sigh. A blonde girl with green eyes opens the door and everyone looks at her in confusion.

Farkle asks "Um, who are you?" She answers "Malia. Who are you?" Zay answers in curiosity "We're looking for two girls who live here. Hayley Marshall and Riley Matthews."

Malia widens her eyes in realization and says "Oh, Hayley and Riley. Those girls were nice." Everyone shares a concerned look, and Lucas asks "What do you mean, were?" And Malia answers "They moved out of town a month ago." Everyone widens their eyes in shock and look at each other in concern.

Cory asks in a frantic "Wait a minute, out of town?! Out of town where?!" Malia looks at them in concern and answers "I don't know where. They didn't say. All they said was that they were moving to another place out of town."

Topanga asks, sadly "What?" Malia nods her head and says in sympathy "I'm sorry. I hope you hear from them again." They nod their heads as in saying thank you. She shows them a sympathetic smile and closes the door.

Everyone is worried now. Riley left them. They felt so bad. Even after she left, they should have stayed in contact with her. They shouldn't have ignored her when she called. Maya is mad, worried, and jealous. Riley left with Hayley, God knows where.

Auggie asks, sadly "Mom? Dad? Where's Riley?" Topanga holds him close to her while hugging him, saying sadly "I don't know, honey. I-I-... I don't know." Everyone shares a worried and sad look.

____________________________

Riley, Klaus, and Gabby just got off of a ride at the universal studios. Klaus is actually having fun. Riley and Gabby had to do a lot of convincing with Klaus to get him on the rides, but they eventually got through to him.

Klaus had a lot of fun with the two girls, especially Riley. He was grateful to them. Very grateful. He definitely had fun at the water show, flower show, and world of colors. The world of colors was his favorite. It was so beautiful.

Riley teases Gabby "So when are you and Macias going to get back together? You two are so obviously still in love." Gabby chuckles and answers "I know. We are, but we both have agreed it's time we moved on. I mean we're each other's first love, we'll always love each other, but it's time we move on."

Riley nods her head and Klaus asks "Where are we going now?" Riley smiles and answers "The Hogwarts rides, then Jurassic Park. Let's go!" She runs over to the Hogwarts rides along with Gabby, and Klaus smiles and chuckles at his two friends and follows behind them.

Four Hours Later

Riley's POV
Klaus, Gabby, and I just got out of the Jurassic park faction of the park. It was our last ride to try. Gabby asks "Okay, which ride was your favorite so far? Mine was the 3D Spiderman; that was beyond cool."

I answer "Mine was the 3D transformers ride; that was awesome." Klaus answers "I liked everything, but if I had to choose those two would definitely be my top three." Gabby and I nod our heads agreeing with him.

Gabby says "Imma run to my locker. Let's meet up by the entrance-exit, okay?" Klaus and I say "Okay." We go our separate ways to go to our lockers and get our stuff. I go to my locker and grab my stuff.

Afterward, I walk out of the locker room, and I head over near the entrance. I turn my phone on and I see I got a few texts from Hayley and I text her back. Then I go into shock when I see I got a lot of missed calls from my mom, dad, Uncle Shawn, Uncle Eric, Farkle, Zay, Maya, and Lucas. I start to boil with anger.

I get much more angrier to the point that I end up crushing my phone. I speed walk over to the trashcan and throw it in roughly and kick it, gaining looks from people around me, but I don't care. It's been six months and now they want to call, bull crap!

I feel two hands rub on my shoulders, and I look and see it's Klaus and he looks concerned. He asks "Are you alright, love? What's wrong? Why did you do that to your phone?" I answer "I'll explain on the way... Come on, let's go."

He's still looking at me in concern as we walk to the entrance-exit where Gabby is waiting for us. She notices the tension and asks "What's up?" As we are walking to the car, I tell them about the calls I got and why I destroyed my phone.

Gabby snaps "The nerve of them! Why do you think they called you?" And I answer "Probably found out I left. But, they wanted nothing to do with me. So, who gives a damn anymore. Screw them!" I open the car door roughly and close it loudly.

Gabby and Klaus get in and Klaus says "Well, let's get back to the hotel. The fireworks will be starting soon and the countdown will be happening in three hours." Gabby and I nod our heads in agreement, and we go back to the hotel.

When we are there, we park and go inside. Macias comes to us and informs us "Hey, the party is about to start. Then in two hours, the fireworks are going to start. Let's go and Enjoy the Night!" I respond slightly smiling "Cool!" He and Gabby are ahead of me along with Klaus, but he sees me behind and he waits for me.

I say "You don't have to wait for me." Klaus states "Nonsense. Come on." He holds his arm out for me and I walk into his embrace, and he wraps his arm around me and we walk off.

We finally get to the roof. There's food, people dancing, and I see vodka. So, I go to it and grab a bottle and drink up. Klaus rubs my shoulders and I put the drink down. Klaus tries to calm me "Easy love." We smile at each other.

Two hours later, the fireworks begin and we watch them. As we're watching it, Klaus has his hand on mine. I smile at him and he smiles back at me. We look into each other's eyes and get lost in them.

We're about to lean in, but everyone doing the countdown makes us jump a part. We jump in "5, 4, 3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEARS!" Everyone starts blowing their horns and throwing confetti. I then spot more colorful fireworks popping up.

We look at them and say together "Beautiful!" We look at each other and smile. I rest my head on his shoulder and he rests his head on my head. I see Gabby smile at us along with Macias, and they go back to looking at the fireworks.