Chapter 4 - (1.8K Words)

You were glad to finally be out of the airport. It had taken you an unbelievably long time to get through customs, mainly because there were so many people on your plane. You had all flooded in through the gate about the same time, so you were stuck in the middle of a large group of people.

You were waiting around in lobby of the airport, trying to figure out which bus you needed to take to get to your aunt's place. Of course, you were doing your best to try and read the Hangul signs, but the address you were working with was entirely in English.

I guess I didn't do enough studying.

It wasn't long until a member of the airport staff came over to help you. Luckily for you, she spoke both Korean and English, unlike some of the staff that tried to assist you earlier. You were caught up in how fast and professionally they were speaking that you had forgotten how to properly respond to them. You tried to respond to them, but you got too flustered too quickly. So, they sent over one of their better English speakers.

After you showed her the address, she pointed you through a large set of glass doors that lead you out to the street level. She made sure that you were waiting for a bus from the red line, the only line that went far enough to take you out to your aunt's house. Once she was certain that you didn't need any more help, she bowed to you and went back inside the airport, leaving you all alone.

You watched her go back inside, and you sat down on the bench nearest to you. You looked at the bus ticket in your hand, and let go of your suitcase. You took your backpack off, and placed it next to you on the bench. You put the address paper in the pocket of your sweatpants.

She said that the bus would be around in about five to ten minutes. You checked your watch, and the time read 3:24 PM. You noticed as more people filed out of the airport, and came to wait for their buses. You grabbed your suitcase and scooted it closer to you, nervous of the new horde of people.

You pulled out your phone and pretended to be busy. In the end, you decided to use your phone as a mirror, and you did some self grooming. Besides, you don't always feel like you're at your best after you spend half of a day on a plane.

Your phone had died not long after you had left the plane, so you couldn't listen to music while waiting. You couldn't even let your parents know that you had landed safely. You would have to wait until you got to your aunt's, and got some charge on your cell. Which might take a while. You didn't know how far away your aunt lived from the airport.

Several buses came and picked people up, but none of them were from the red line. You saw buses from the yellow line, the orange line, and the blue line, but not a single bus from the red line. The crowds of people left just as quickly as they came.

You checked your watch again, slightly more annoyed than before. The bus was taking its time getting here. It was now 3:31 PM.

Just a little bit longer, you calmed yourself. I'll get to see auntie really soon.

Only a few seconds later, you heard the sound of a bus slowing down. You looked up to see another bus coming to a stop, right in front of the bench where you sat. It was finally a bus from the red line.

You looked around, and noticed that not all of the crowd had gone away. There were about four other people waiting all around, waiting to board the same bus you were. They looked just as annoyed as you were.

You threw your backpack across your shoulder and grabbed the handle of your suitcase, pulling it closely behind you. You lined up behind everybody else, and waited for our turn to get onto the bus. You had been waiting the longest, but you weren't the quickest to get in line.