Chapter 42 - (2.3K Words)

"Alright, your arm is all wrapped up," Jungkook said, setting the bandage roll down beside him. He walked over to a cabinet on the other side of the room and started looking through the drawers for something. You let out a happy sigh and stood up from your chair.

"Hey, sit back down. You're not done yet," Jungkook chuckled over his shoulder. You gave him a questioning look but sat back down in the chair. Seconds later, Jungkook pulled a small white container out of the drawer. He walked back over to you and unscrewed the lid.

"What is that for?" You asked, screwing up your nose and leaning away.

"It's for that little bruise on your cheek," Jungkook said, intently staring at a spot just underneath your eyes.

I have a bruise on my cheek?!

"W-Where is it?" You stuttered, feeling around on your face for the tender skin. "I can't find it!"

I bet it's from Jiyong's shoe.

"Don't do that, you can make it more irritated," Jungkook pulled your hand away from your face and held it in his own. "Let me take care of it. I'm just going to put some healing ointment on it."

Jungkook stuck his fingers into the open container. He brought his hand up to your cheek to spread the balm. You shivered as the cold balm was pressed lightly against your cheek by his fingers. Your hand slowly curled into a fist, and Jungkook chuckled in response.

"There, that should help it heal a little faster," He said, taking his hand away from your face. "As long as you don't get any more bruises, you should be just fine. Do you know how you could have gotten that?

"The bruise?" You asked. "I don't remember getting it," you said, picking your words carefully. "I'm not even sure how I got it."

"Alright, just be careful from now on," Jungkook nodded his head, turning and wiping off his hand. "You don't need a new excuse to come and see me, okay?"

"I promise," you chuckled and left the room. You stepped out into the hallway and walked towards the kitchen. You could hear the boys shuffling around just inside, and you figured that Jimin and Hoseok were now awake. You ducked into the kitchen and smiled when you realized that you were right.

Jimin and Hoseok were leaning against the table, each slowly sipping a bowl of soup. You could tell that they were still tired because their eyes were hardly open. You walked forward, and both of the boys looked up at you. Jimin focused back down on his soup while Hoseok cleared his throat and smiled.

"The soup is warming up on top of the stove," Hoseok pointed with his elbow to the stovetop. "It's all that Jin could make before he burnt his hand."

You nodded in thanks and grabbed one of the empty bowls sitting on the counter. You poured some of the soup into your bowl before going to stand between the two boys. The three of you stood there almost silently as you finished your bowls.

"Oh my god, I need to do something to wake myself up," Hoseok said, rubbing his eyes. "What do you suggest I do, (Y/N)?"

"Why are you asking me?" You laughed, raising your eyebrows at him. "I just got here."

"He's been complaining ever since he woke up. It's so annoying to listen to," Jimin rolled his eyes. "Just please, give him something to do."

"Alright, alright," you laughed and defensively held your hands out in front of you. "If you need something to do, we could go swimming," you suggested.

That way, I can look for another way to escape.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea," Hoseok said, scratching his head. "But is that all you can think of?"