Chapter 52 - (4.8K Words)

"J-Jin..."

The gun fell from his hands and noisily clattered to the floor. You winced as the sound echoed down the hallway, which was completely silent otherwise. Jin took one heavy breath before finally giving up the fight and falling to his knees. Jungkook stared in horror at the man beside him, unsure of what to do.

He's going to die.

"Jin!" You tearfully shrieked, throwing yourself forward.

Before you could get very far, Junior wrapped his arms around your waist and forcefully pulled you backward. You fought, kicking and screaming against him, but it wasn't helping you any. Jungkook quickly looked up and realized that he was still in the middle of a battlefield, and he had enemies left.

Jungkook raised his gun and fired a few shots at Jaebum while making his escape down the hallway. Jaebum cursed at himself under his breath while dodging the bullets, then raised his gun and fired back. You watched as Jin slowly put his hands out in front of himself as he grew weaker and weaker with nobody paying him any attention.

Jungkook slowly inched towards the end of the hallway behind him, already trying to make a getaway. Jaebum aggressively stepped forward and followed after him, making it much easier for Jungkook to make his getaway. Jin's breaths became more and more shallow as Jaebum stepped around him to run after Jungkook.

"Junior, p-please," you begged, trying to tear his arms away from your waist. "I have to help him."

"There's nothing you can do," Junior fiercely whispered into your ear, pulling you farther away from the action. "Besides, we need to get out of here."

"Let me go!" You wildly kicked your legs and violently thrashed around in his arms, tears spilling down your cheeks as you watched Jin fold in on himself. His grip on you tightened as he struggled to contain you.

He audibly sighed and stopped fighting against you. His arms left your waist, and you practically fell forward. You looked up at him and gave him a questioning look, and he shook his head at you and turned over his shoulder.

"Just--do what you have to," Junior said, folding his arms over his chest. You gratefully nodded before stumbling over to Jin and dropping carelessly to your knees.

"Oh my god, Jin," you whispered, watching the blood drip from his shirt, which was completely soaked.

Jin rolled his head back and gave you a weak smile before wincing in pain. He gripped at his shirt, a trail of blood dripping from the corner of his mouth. He spat the rest of the blood out onto the floor beside himself just next to his gun.

"Let's get you leaned up against the wall," you frantically suggested, wanting desperately to get him out of the painful position. "It probably won't hurt as much."

He carefully nodded his head, squeezing his eyes shut and wiping the blood away from the corner of his mouth. You reached forward and gently placed your hand on top of his shoulder, causing him to flinch. You immediately jerked away, afraid that you were hurting him.

"Please," Jin begged, his voice low and raspy. "Just do it."

"I don't want to hurt you," you said, your voice cracking.

"Pain is temporary," Jin said, slowly trying to ease himself off of his palms. You lurched forward and put your hand on his shoulder to support him.

"P-Please stop, I'll help you," you begged, frantically positioning yourself over him so that you could help lean him against the wall.

Jin carefully nodded, and you delicately placed your hands on the inside of his shoulders. He eased his hands out from underneath him while you gently pushed him back up against the wall. Your hands didn't leave his shoulders until you were sure that he was leaning safely against the wall, his legs messily sprawled out in front of him.