Chapter 41 - (2.6K Words)

You walked down the stairs, still blinking sleep from your eyes. Even after your warm shower this morning, you were still tired from staying up so late last night. However, staying up wasn't a total loss. But, that didn't mean you weren't tired, either. At least now, Jiyong was willing to work with you. With him on your side, it would be easier to get through Korea and find your aunt.

After your talk with Jiyong, you hid the keys back on the chandelier in the bathroom. You were prepared to sneak past the kitchen again, but it seemed as though the boys had gone off to bed while you were down talking with Jiyong. So, you made your way up to your room and did your best to try and fall asleep.

That didn't mean that you got any sleep, though. You had tossed and turned all night, waking up every couple of hours from dreams and nightmares, most of which didn't make any sense. There were visions of your family. Your parents, your brother, your aunt, all of them. Pictures of them flashed through your head all night long, and you finally realized how much you missed them.

I'll be out of here soon enough. Then I can finally get back home.

"How can you not remember where you left the keys?" You heard Namjoon's voice echoing from the kitchen. "I had you set them down in plain sight, didn't I? How did you manage to lose them?!"

"Hey, you can't get mad at me for that," Taehyung defended himself. "We were all drinking. I have no idea where I put them, okay? I don't remember anything about last night."

"How can I not be mad?" Namjoon said. "I gave you a simple task with simple directions, and you still found a way to mess it all up!"

They're probably in the kitchen.

You stepped off of the stairs and made your way into the kitchen. You ran your hand through your hair and adjusted your glasses as you walked across the front room. You stopped at the entrance to the kitchen and stared at the mess of boys before you.

Jin looked to be the only one doing anything productive. He was leaning over the counter, making what looked like today's breakfast. Namjoon and Taehyung were both leaned against the counter, each holding a glass of water in their hands. You looked past them and saw Jimin and Hoseok were also in the room. They were both leaning against the wall with their eyes closed and their arms crossed over their chest.

Maybe they should have slept in.

"Good morning," you chuckled, quickly earning a glare from Namjoon.

"Good morning, (Y/N)," Taehyung said, setting his glass of water down on the counter beside him. "Did you sleep okay?"

"Yeah, I did," you lied, faking a smile after the nightmares of your family flashed through your mind again. "What about you?"

"I slept just fine, thank you," Taehyung said. "I, however, am extremely hungover, and I have an awful headache."

"Why are you down here then?" You asked, concern lacing your voice. "You should be resting in your room instead. You'll get over it quicker that way."

"Are you concerned about me? That's cute," Taehyung cooed, causing you to blush and roll your eyes. "I've had to deal with quite a few hangovers, and headaches too, so I think I'll be okay. Thank you for your concern, though."

"Taehyung, shouldn't we go figure out where you left the keys?" Namjoon asked, clearly annoyed at how Taehyung was talking to you. Taehyung's eyes flickered from you to Namjoon, to you again, and then finally rested on Namjoon.

"Right," Taehyung said, his voice changing as he spoke to Namjoon. "We need to go and find them."

Taehyung pushed himself off the counter and Namjoon promptly followed after him. As he turned to leave the room, you caught a glimpse of the large purple bruise covering his right cheek.