Chapter 29 - (2.3K Words)

"What do you mean?" You asked, your throat going dry. "You've been watching me since I came here. I have nothing to do with the disappearances."

"Listen, we're not blaming you. You may not be causing them, but the disappearances might have something to do with you," Jin said, leaning forward in his chair. "It answers a couple of questions that didn't make sense before."

"Like what?" You asked, defensively crossing your arms over your chest and leaning back in your chair.

"Jackson came back on the same plane as you, right?" Namjoon asked, and you nodded in reply. "Why would he try coming back to Korea if he knew that we were waiting for him?"

You thought about it, and it didn't make sense. Jin and Yoongi had followed him to America, which meant he had to get away, but then why come back to Korea? There were hundreds of other places in the world to go, but he chose to come back to South Korea in hopes of evading them.

"It's like he had everything all planned out," you said. "All he had to do was make sure that there was no way you could get to him."

"Exactly. If someone had been waiting for him at the airport, they could have easily left way before we did," Jin said. "They could have left while we were off searching through the plane cabin, which makes sense as to why we couldn't find him."

"But, there are hundreds of different countries that he could have gone to," you said. "It seems like he was ready for you to follow him to America and it looked like he had a plan for coming back to Korea. Why not go somewhere more secretive?"

"We think that part is somehow linked to you," Hoseok nodded to you. "The only reason that he might go to America instead of anywhere else is because of you."

"But we're not exactly sure how it involves you," Namjoon added. "The only thing he did was deposit the money and leave the country. He didn't try to contact you until the plane ride, which doesn't help us to figure out the connection."

"He could have disappeared long ago, but he only went missing after he came back to Korea," you added absentmindedly. "None of it makes sense unless someone here is protecting him."

"I agree, but it just doesn't make sense how or why the money disappeared," Jin shook his head. "Jackson was the only person who had access to that account, and there's no way he could have left the country and emptied the account in the past two days."

"What if he didn't set up the account?" You asked, suddenly curious with what was going on. "Could he have given the money to somebody else?"

"That's not possible," Namjoon said, immediately shooting down your idea. "We would have known if somebody else had the money. It's very hard to lose track of anything over half a million."

You were about to say something more about the money, but you decided against it. You figured it was about to get you in trouble, and that it was better left unsaid. You held your tongue while you thought of something else to say.

"What about Mark and Yugyeom?" You changed the subject. "I didn't know that they had disappeared."

"We didn't either," Hoseok replied, "we didn't hear about it until one of our informants said something about it."

"Apparently they were picked up very late last night by an unknown person driving a black SUV, and nobody has seen or heard from them since," Jin said.

"It's highly possible that they're all being protected by the same person," Namjoon said, holding his chin in his hand. "Because they went missing only after they interacted with you."

"That's what connects it to me," you firmly stated. "Jackson was on the same plane as me, so he was taken away and protected. Mark and Yugyeom spent a day with me in Daegu, and they were taken away, too."