Chapter 48 - (3.0K Words)

You watched in horror as Namjoon slowly fell to the ground, clutching his shoulder in his hands. You watched as his shirt slowly turned scarlet red from all of the blood he was losing. As his body hit the road, he looked up at you, his eyes filled with pure hatred. You felt your heart shatter as he took a large breath and his eyes fluttered closed. Hoseok looked from Namjoon's resting body to Jimin, all with the same hatred echoing in his eyes. As Hoseok raised his gun, Jimin forcefully pushed you behind himself and fired another shot in their direction.

What the hell is going on?!

You watched as the men from the other side of the bridge started running in your direction, each holding a gun of their own. You whipped your head over your shoulder and looked at Jimin, who was busy trying to protect you from the oncoming fire. He wasn't going to be able to protect you from them. You defensively brought the gun up to your chest and placed your trembling finger over the trigger. The closer they got to you, the less willpower you had over yourself.

What am I thinking?! I can't shoot these people. I'm not a murderer!

Just as you were about to put the gun down by your side, one of the men fired a shot just over your shoulder and past Jimin. You grabbed at the side of your neck, realizing how close that bullet had just been to your skin. You watched as the man ran past you before going to stand beside Jimin, and he decided to fire a few more shots.

Are they on our side?!

You felt a hand on your shoulder, and you jumped, instinctively bringing the gun back up in front of you. The man took his hand off of your shoulder and backed up a few paces. Even though your hands were shaking violently, you bravely held the gun up and aimed for his chest.

"Hey, don't shoot me, (Y/N)," the man said, holding both of his hands out in the air after holstering his gun. "I'm on your side."

"What the hell is going on?!" You asked, motioning to the scene unfolding around you. "Who are you?! How do you know my name?!"

"Relax, I can answer your questions, but not right now," he said, beckoning you forward. "We need to get you somewhere safe."

"Like hell," you spat, tightening your grip on the gun. "I'm not going anywhere with you."

"(Y/N), I need you to trust me," he said, holding out his hand to you. "I promise that nothing bad will happen to you if you come with me."

"That's what they said," you spat, flashing him the scars on your wrist from the glass dish that Yoongi threw. "You're going to have to do better than that to convince me."

"Just listen to me," he begged. "You can come with me, and I can guarantee your safety, or you can stay here with them. It's whatever you want."

"I'm not going anywhere with you," you said, backing away from him so that you were back to back with Jimin. "Get away from me, or I'll shoot!" You threatened, your hands still shaking.

"I would, but I don't think we have any more time left," he said, forcefully grabbing a hold of your hand. "Please, find it in your heart to forgive me for this."

Before you realized what was going on, he pulled his gun out of its holster and pressed you up against his chest. He held your head steady against his chest as he fired a few shots between Jimin and the mystery man beside him. You could feel tears start to well in your eyes, and you lost all will to fight against him.

I don't even know this man! Why is he doing this for me?!

"JB, we need to go! Now!" An unfamiliar voice yelled. "We can't hold up like this forever!"