Chapter 17 - (2.1K Words)

"What kind of a fucking stunt are you trying to pull, Princess?"

Your ears were ringing, and you hurt like hell. It was a moment before you could process what just happened. You could feel Namjoon's shoe pressing you down into the soft, wet ground. Your right shoulder felt awful, and you didn't want to find out why.

A slender hand clamped down on your shoulder and ripped you off the grass. Namjoon was boiling with rage, and you could see it in his eyes. You instinctively looked down at the ground, tears starting to well up in your eyes. He angrily threw his gun down on the ground, and grabbed your chin with his free hand, forcing you to look up at him.

What the hell was I thinking?!

"Hasn't anybody ever told you not to run in front of someone who's shooting a gun? I don't know what the damn hell you thought you were going to accomplish Princess, but my guess is it didn't fucking work," Namjoon whispered harshly, making sure that you kept eye contact with him.

He let go of your chin and whipped you around, and pointed at the tree that was just past the circle of men. You could see the two large bulletholes that were now embedded into the trunk.

"That could be you right now, except much worse," Namjoon said, moving his lips down to your ear. "Trees don't bleed, and it takes more than two bullets to kill them. If you were that tree, you would be very close to dead right now."

"If I hadn't kicked you out of the way you would have a bullet in your shoulder and nobody to blame but yourself."

You felt the tears running down your cheeks, but it didn't matter. They would just look like more raindrops to everyone else.

You looked down, and you saw both Mark and Yugyeom breathing heavily. Mark was hunched over and coughing up blood, while Yugyeom was looking up at the grey rain clouds in the sky with his mouth wide open. They were lucky to be alive.

You looked out the corner of your eyes at the tip of your shoulder. You could see the large tear in the fabric where one of the bullets had just skimmed past your skin. Beads of rain were rolling off of the point of your shoulder, and down underneath the thin fabric of the shirt.

"Jimin! Get over here now!" Namjoon barked over his shoulder, and you flinched at the anger in his voice. He released you, and threw you back against the ground. Jimin ran up to stand beside Namjoon as quickly as he could, still holding his ear.

"Jimin, how the hell did this happen?" Namjoon asked, jabbing a finger at you. "You had her under control from the time I turned around to when I got to the circle. What the hell could have possibly happened in that time."

"Everything was fine until she bit me," Jimin said, moving his hand away from his ear, which was covered in blood. You saw the dark red teeth marks outlined on his earlobe, and a knot formed in your stomach.

Even though you did what you had to just to escape, you felt guilty about biting his ear. You weren't that kind of person, yet here you were.

"I want you to take her back to the car, and do it right this time," Namjoon said, picking the gun back up off of the ground and holding it to Jimin's chest. "If you mess up again, you can get down on your knees and join Mark and Yugyeom. I'm sure they would enjoy your company."

Jimin carefully nodded, and Namjoon pointed the gun away from Jimin. Jimin offered you his hand, and you hesitated. Without waiting for you, he reached out and grabbed your hand and pulled you up on your feet.

Jimin let his arm hang loosely around your shoulders, and you kept your eyes low to the ground. Your hair was dripping wet, and you just wanted to leave, even if it meant waiting in the car with Jimin. Your shoulder brushed by Namjoon as you walked out of the circle with Jimin.